Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   6.7L Power Stroke Diesel (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum205/)
-   -   This is prolly a 1 page thread at most (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1183425-this-is-prolly-a-1-page-thread-at-most.html)

Jigger2020 06-16-2013 08:56 AM

Good morning Savage truckers, happy Fathers day to all the Dads out there

Tomahawk 06-16-2013 09:04 AM

Originally Posted by GIGGER (Post 13258477)
Good morning Savage truckers, happy Fathers day to all the Dads out there

Happy Fathers Day Gerry. I hope you have a great Sunday.

Jigger2020 06-16-2013 09:33 AM

I'll try my best Gavin, same to you.......... gonna visit my Dads grave site n see what happens after

Sailor Roy 06-17-2013 11:46 AM

Howdy all ye Great Folks..........:-wink
6 more work days......................Then........FREEDOM..... ...:-fireOo.:-bigparty

Chad149 06-17-2013 01:18 PM

Originally Posted by Sailor_Roy (Post 13261792)
Howdy all ye Great Folks..........:-wink
6 more work days......................Then........FREEDOM..... ...:-fireOo.:-bigparty

Does four days until my next vacation day count?:-X16

Sailor Roy 06-17-2013 03:05 PM

Originally Posted by Chad149 (Post 13262077)
Does four days until my next vacation day count?:-X16

Sure.........:)

But 6 days until endless vacation sounds More Gooder.....:-X03:-X0A6

darren32 06-17-2013 03:06 PM

Congrats on your retirement Roy :-X03:-X03

Tim Young 06-17-2013 03:06 PM

Good afternoon guys, Four days huh Roy, that sounds good.

Sailor Roy 06-17-2013 03:10 PM

Originally Posted by darren32 (Post 13262345)
Congrats on your retirement Roy :-X03:-X03

Originally Posted by Tim Young (Post 13262347)
Good afternoon guys, Four days huh Roy, that sounds good.

Thanks Guys..........
The 25th is my last day ...........I am soooo excited, I'll wet my pants.....:eek:..........Well, maybe I'll just jump up & down and scream........Oo.:-X10

Hdslider 06-17-2013 03:44 PM

Congrats Roy. But you will end up working harder retired.
Happy for you and Lynn. Enjoy my friend.

Sailor Roy 06-17-2013 03:48 PM

Originally Posted by Hdslider (Post 13262428)
Congrats Roy. But you will end up working harder retired.
Happy for you and Lynn. Enjoy my friend.

I believe that......... My retirement contract has Nap Times written in it.....:)

kper05 06-17-2013 07:27 PM

You worked in IT, correct?
Poor fellow IT people having to change all the network related admin passwords...LOL.

Hdslider 06-18-2013 06:25 AM

Good morning to all. Have a great day.

darren32 06-18-2013 07:30 AM

Originally Posted by kper05 (Post 13262909)
You worked in IT, correct?
Poor fellow IT people having to change all the network related admin passwords...LOL.

Ya, like around here I think we are all the way up to "password7" :-X04:-X04

SavageNFS 06-18-2013 07:49 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Hello 1 pagers...Happy belated Father's Day to all the Dad's. It's been a bit crazy since my last post. I'll bring you up to speed.
1. Mom and Sister arrived from Arizona. My sister drover he this year so I didn't have to which was really nice.
2.Soccer tournament Saturday. It went good, but it was a point driven tournament. Even though we won both our morning games, they were by low scores. We didn't have enough goals to make the finals. Kids were fine with it, so that was our day.
3. Went home and cut grass and decided that there was enough time to delete the Ford.
4. First retuned the truck for DPF removed (wrote over the existing tune for the record, do NOT need to revert back to stock).
Attachment 236934
5. Then I proceeded to remove the DPF. This went suprising well, but I was really dirty when I was done.
Attachment 236935
6. Wife called me for dinner. I went in and took a shower and ate some grub. That's when things started to go South. I removed the top two EGR exhaust inlet pipe. No problem...I mean none. I remove the bracket retainer bolt midway...no problem. I go to remove the two at the bottom (lower intake manifold) and one of the bolts is kind of rounded off or my socket is slipping. I can't decide which. I spent hours on this bolt. Mainly trying to get a vise grip down there to get on it. No dice. I said some choice words...drank a beer and txt'd Darren to calm down.
7. Sunday morning turned tragic with news that my Uncle was in the hospital and he had a tumor that had rapidly grown in his chest. It's pushing on his aorta and his esophagus. He basically was unable to eat or drink. That means days...he is a great guy. We were given no warning...the family kept this to themselves and I understand. I don't like it, but I respect their wishes.
8. I emailed my Service manager at 6:30am and asked when he could look at it. He told me he was there already and to bring it whenever I could. They looked at it and tried what I did apparently. Ended up removing the lower and upper intakes to remove the bolt with a simple pair of vise grips once they got to it. They had the same opinion that I did. Those bolts are stainless. I'm not really a big guy (average strength, not overly strong). The odds off me rounding that bolt off with a 3/8" drive ratchet are slim. However, if the truck was ALREADY tuned and someone was in a hurry to revert back to stock to sell the truck, then they may have used an impact to make the job go quicker. They had my truck finished by 3:30pm but only because the Ford dealer had the bolts and gaskets in stock (small miracle). They had 5.5 hours of labor, new fasteners (special ones) and gaskets. My bill was $500. I'm not happy about it, but it is what it is.
9. Had to take my sister to airport around 3:30. Take her an drop her off. Head home (90 minutes). My sister calls as I pick up my truck and says her flight is canceled due to weather at her connecting flight. I drive to pick her up again and take her home. It's like 9:30 by the time we get back. So no pics yet. I did manage to hear the Blackhawks game and they lost. I was sad.
10. Truck sounds incredible and power is up slightly (nothing too spectacular). I did notice 4.6 mpg better on the highway going to the airport at 75mph. This is average highway mpg vs. overall mpg so it's not fair, but I'm guessing it's at least a 3mpg increase over DPF on tuning. I'm happy. I'll try to take some pics or a video of the truck later today.

P.S. Great video Gavin!