Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   Iowa Chapter (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum140/)
-   -   Meeting date and location (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/311796-meeting-date-and-location.html)

Saurian 12-15-2004 01:37 PM

The plan I had proposed earlier was to meet about 12:30-1:00 at the bowling alley in the parking lot, and from there we could go eat. Then head back to the bowling alley to do some bowling. Why don't we make the "meet" at 12:30 at the bowling alley. I didn't personally visit this bowling alley, but when you get there, park back from the rest of the cars. I personally will be driving my teal F150 in my gallery, Rob will have the Powerstroke from his gallery (I assume). Roger..dunno what he'll be driving. I'll try to get there early enough so that you all can use my truck for reference (hard to miss ^_^). As far as our bowling time - I'd say we'll probably get back and do the bowling like by 2 PM. And we'll be there till 5 or whenever guys want to start wandering off.

My computer pooped out...so I may be a bit slower about replying to things.

Roger, any other issues that need addressed? Also, how are you I380 (CR/CF/Waterloo) doing? Everybody have a ride or figure out how things are going? Roger, is anybody from that area coming up with you? I'm just curious who all is still going to be able to make it.

fellro86 12-15-2004 04:45 PM

At this point, it looks to be just me. I am currently planning on running my truck, in my gallery. It's easy to spot, has 3 bumper stickers on the back window... High Plains, Iowa, and FTE. I may leave a shade earlier than 5, have to see.

fordloverf2501970 12-16-2004 07:10 PM

wow looks as you guys got another meeting planned. sounds like it is going to be a fun time no mnatter what you end up doing. i again will not be able to attend. this weekend is booked solidy for us, we got a dinner thing saturday and we got christmas with the inlaws on sunday. as they will be in vegas on christmas. so i am bummed. the ford is still coughing a little. i got the carb dialed in but i got some kind of gremlin in my electrical i gotta chase out. i wish i could be there. so far i have only met one person from our chapter, and i still owe him 10 bucks. lol. i will get down there someday to pay that fellro. soon as i get the time. and then last saturday i got some more news, my wife is preggo. so that is going to cost me a few bucks in the future as well as put the ford on the back burner again. but you guys have fun maybe i will make the next meeting.

fellro86 12-16-2004 07:29 PM

well, if you want to drop the money on that other stuff, I can bring it to you, might want to do it while you can, won't be long that won't be an option.... I seem to have more time than you do. Besides, gives me an excuse to head on up toward Muscatine and look for a truck I sold a while back that the guy hasn't bothered to pay for or even give me the title to the Aerostar I was kind enough to take off his hands. Some people, try to help them out, and they just screw you.

nogo73 12-16-2004 09:28 PM

I don't If you guys know what a Hyundai Elantra looks like but thats what I will be driving http://www.hyundaiusa.com/Vehicles/E...le760_4130.jpg same color with a Moon roof

Saurian 12-16-2004 09:51 PM

Pregnant? I pray I don't hear the phrase "I'm pregnant" for the better part of a decade. Found the girl, just gotta get here here. And get through college and into the career. Jeez...

Congrats though man. And at least the carb is working again.

Hey Roger, what's involved in swapping old carb'd engines? Say...300 to 351? ^_^

fellro86 12-16-2004 10:19 PM

that has been covered sooo many times on the engine swap forum. Not bad though, same trans, different exhaust obviously, get the flywheel /flexplate with the engine, and mounts if you can. Radiator would be good to have as well.

farmb0y 12-16-2004 11:46 PM

Welp, that's a bummer. :-X16 I won't be able to make it to the gathering this weekend. After graduation I gotta tug a trailer home for my sister and fill it with hay for her horses, so she can haul it back. And this one was working out well for me, as I'm only a 1/2 hour away from Des Moines when I'm in Ames. I'm gonna miss out on trying to knock down sticks of wood with a 10lb ball bearing on a waxed chute, not to mention certain beverage consumption. Next time!!!

Lifted78 12-17-2004 07:26 AM

Confused...

I'm ready to bowl! Someone please post a short, concise msg with the

When:
Where:
What:

I'm bringing my bowling balls and will be hungry!

Truck is running good so it will make the trip with me, regardless of the crappy mileage. If this is Saturday, I need to know today because I'm running the sold tires down to CR Saturday morning. If so I'll leave early so I can take 80 over to Des Moines.

Cheers!

John

fellro86 12-17-2004 08:36 AM

Quote"So as of right now, we have our meeting at Bowlerama, with the link posted in a post previously (Here it is again: Bowlerama ). Right off of SE 14th. Lots of places to go eat at right around there - Fast food, IHOP, Culvers, Country Kitchen, even an Applebee's I think. " quote
quote"The plan I had proposed earlier was to meet about 12:30-1:00 at the bowling alley in the parking lot, and from there we could go eat. Then head back to the bowling alley to do some bowling. Why don't we make the "meet" at 12:30 at the bowling alley. I didn't personally visit this bowling alley, but when you get there, park back from the rest of the cars. I personally will be driving my teal F150 in my gallery, Rob will have the Powerstroke from his gallery (I assume). Roger..dunno what he'll be driving. I'll try to get there early enough so that you all can use my truck for reference (hard to miss ^_^). As far as our bowling time - I'd say we'll probably get back and do the bowling like by 2 PM. And we'll be there till 5 or whenever guys want to start wandering off."quote

Ok,, from what I'm seeing, we will meet at the Bowlarama, 1313 E Diehl Ave Des Moines, IA 50315, (off of s 14th) at 12:30 to gather, then eat, after eating, we can bowl until 5pm, after that is anyone's game, but I'll have to bail by then. The wife suggested just staying there at the bowling alley and eat, but we can decide that then. Correct me if I'm wrong Jacob.
That would be about right for you to drop the tires on your way, and likely the best route.Its maybe 2 hrs across from Iowa City to Des Moines, just take 65 south just after the Adventureland and Bosselman's exit. It'll cut out some time issues for you.

Lifted78 12-17-2004 09:04 AM

Thanks! I'll be wearing my Green Bay Packers coat and hat so I won't be hard to miss. That and carrying bowling equipment too!

See everyone Saturday.

Cheers!

John

cowboywanabe 12-17-2004 04:00 PM

Well guys, I goofed up. My 5 year-old has her first ice skating show tomorrow at 1:00pm. I had the wrong date and my wife dutifully corrected me last night. Maybe a whack on the head with a hammer would straighten me out! I won't be able to attend the meeting after all. Hope you all have a great time!

Saurian 12-17-2004 04:34 PM

Yeah, we could eat there too. It's all fried stuff I believe. Would save us time though to eat there probably. As said, we can figure it out. Anyways..the wife's cominup with ya ^_^

fellro86 12-17-2004 05:24 PM

I don't think so, not at last asking, but you know how women are... last minute she may get in and go with anyway.

fellro86 12-17-2004 07:06 PM

Either of you guys be able to give the new guy a ride? I emailed you , John, forgot you were in the area too, Brandon, and that you were coming... you'll have to email him, though, he's still new.