Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   1973 - 1979 F-100 & Larger F-Series Trucks (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum38/)
-   -   What Have YOU Done To Your Truck Today? (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/931373-what-have-you-done-to-your-truck-today.html)

CalebJns 06-29-2010 11:47 PM

Got some parts in from Summit Racing...WOW they have some SUPER FAST SHIPPING!

Installed a new glovebox light, got some materials to make a block off plates for some EGR junk...

jlaudio_f100 06-30-2010 12:10 AM

Originally Posted by Shooter00 (Post 9057436)
I run the 9000s on my 07 Ram, used the Quick Lift 9000 on the fronts to level it out. It was nice to select the ride, I didn't drop the cabbage for the remote kit, I don't do anything with the Dodge the would require adjusting the ride. They're great as far as getting it to ride the way I want.

For my dent, I think it would be money wasted to go with the 9000s unless I was building an off road rig. The 5000s are great and the ride is, well, an old pick up. It rides great for daily driving, running in the pasture or jacking around anywhere I need to. 4 Wheel Parts has them for close to $45 each, I don't think you'll find a better all around shock for that kind of cake!

I am building an off road rig. I got this truck for that reason alone. I will drive it in town sometimes and show up at the local car shows covered in mud from time to time but I will mostly use it off road on the trails at Badlands and other nearby off road parks.

psyverson 07-01-2010 11:14 PM

Today I....

... finished Herculining the interior of my truck. Took the door panels off in order to replace them with two I bought on ebay, and I put the first coat of Herculiner in the bed, after of course priming it. Looks good. Pretty happy with results, but will need at least another gallon to get the full look I want.

-psyverson
New Orleans, LA

Ace. 07-02-2010 12:21 AM

put in a passenger side rear supercab window, a new rag joint on the steering shaft, and tomorrow I pull a valve cover to find out which valve/lifter is ticking :-arrgh

Shooter00 07-02-2010 01:08 AM

Got off the highway this morning, stopped at the light, made the turn and put the hammer down to catch my buddy in front of me. That's when the 77 kind of coughed as the kickdown dropped a gear, then she died. Wouldn't start or even get close after that.

I was following my buddy to go pick up another old Scout II project, so we had the trailer. took mine back to the shop and started tracking. It had fuel, pulled all the hoses from line to carb and blew everything out, no worries there. Finally figued out how to test MSD for spark, had spark to the coil and to the cap but that was it. Funny thing, that distributor shouldn't be loose and turn!! Dizzy hold down had backed off and through me for a loop for a while. Started trying to find timing setting, turn a bit and crank, without any luck. Finally said screw it, bought a Motorcraft reman dizzy, scoured the contacts in the cap and on the rotor, buttoned it up and Bob's your uncle...She's alive again. Had different plans for the evening, but nothing like getting it running again and hearing "good job, Dad" from the young son.

plumber01 07-03-2010 04:21 PM

2 Attachment(s)
took her out and put in a 4th of July Parade

460/5 07-03-2010 05:36 PM

CHEERLEADERS!!!! :D

460/5 07-03-2010 05:40 PM

Originally Posted by Ace. (Post 9065236)
put in a passenger side rear supercab window, a new rag joint on the steering shaft, and tomorrow I pull a valve cover to find out which valve/lifter is ticking :-arrgh

the rag joint is a good thing to replace. had mine come apart as i was goin around a turn once. took out an old ladys fence... missed work... had to fix the fence... didnt hurt the truck though. :-X22

jamestw1977 07-03-2010 08:55 PM

Got up at 4 this morning to go trade her off for a 55 buick. drove her 190 miles thinkin it was a done deal, and the old man changed his mind because the steering had some play in it!! I tried explaining to him that this is normal for these trucks, but it didn't seem to matter. Needless to say it was a little over 6 hrs straight on the highway, and 380 miles with the truck, and 100 bucks in gas, but at least I know she can make a 6 hour trip, and not miss a beat!!

76f350spercamprspeal 07-03-2010 08:58 PM

Originally Posted by jamestw1977 (Post 9070669)
Got up at 4 this morning to go trade her off for a 55 buick. drove her 190 miles thinkin it was a done deal, and the old man changed his mind because the steering had some play in it!! I tried explaining to him that this is normal for these trucks, but it didn't seem to matter. Needless to say it was a little over 6 hrs straight on the highway, and 380 miles with the truck, and 100 bucks in gas, but at least I know she can make a 6 hour trip, and not miss a beat!!

Now you get to keep 'er!! :-fire :-fire

jamestw1977 07-03-2010 09:03 PM

Originally Posted by 76f350spercamprspeal (Post 9070678)
Now you get to keep 'er!! :-fire :-fire

For now lol I'm still lookin for me a hot rod:-jammin

76f350spercamprspeal 07-03-2010 09:06 PM

Originally Posted by jamestw1977 (Post 9070692)
For now lol I'm still lookin for me a hot rod:-jammin

You can make one out of your Dent....:-innocent

Shooter00 07-03-2010 11:18 PM

Was inspired by the Glove box and ashtray light thread, so I drove her to the shop and started robbing parts from the parts trucks. It's like having my own parts store, and I get to practice tearing stuff apart before it counts!

Everything plugged in just fine, still having trouble with the under dash interior lights, so power to the wire I thought would carry it.

alconk 07-03-2010 11:28 PM

Started on my 3G conversion and installed the 95 Lincoln MarkVIII electric fan. Will wire tomorrow... Hopefully.

Ace. 07-04-2010 12:00 AM

Originally Posted by 460/5 (Post 9070104)
the rag joint is a good thing to replace. had mine come apart as i was goin around a turn once. took out an old ladys fence... missed work... had to fix the fence... didnt hurt the truck though. :-X22

:eek: mine was completely gone, not sure how I was still able to steer :-innocent