Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   1980 - 1986 Bullnose F100, F150 & Larger F-Series Trucks (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum37/)
-   -   What have you done to your truck today? (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1004055-what-have-you-done-to-your-truck-today.html)

Gary Lewis 07-31-2012 09:53 PM

Originally Posted by RAY1986F150 (Post 12121029)
He showed me the cab on the bronco frame. The cab inside and out was nearly mint. Not perfect, but better than 8 out of 10 of these trucks. Interior was the light tan.

You know what though? It is just a truck. There are bigger injustices in this world to cry for justice for. Im not saying I agree with what he did with his truck, but this is the USA, where we are free do put a truck cab on a bronco frame if it darn well pleases us. So I say good for him for doing what he wanted to do. I wouldn't have done it, but whatever. This world take all kinds of ideas to make it go around. Each of us see things differently. Its not appropriate to condemn someone for doing something we wouldn't have done as long as it is as innocent as this "truco". but now we are getting into ethics and possiblt theology, and I spent too much time studying that to want to think about it anymore.

I still want to do this :-X19 to the guy, but I defend his ability to make choices.:-X22 I think thats what it means to be an american, isn't it?

Well said, and I agree.

In fact, my only concern is as a grandfather watching another grandfather's beloved truck being broken up. And, I can now say "beloved" with more certainty since heretofore I only had what I could see in pictures, but now I have your eye-witness report - it was mint and 32 year-old trucks aren't in mint condition without loads of love being lavished upon them.

RAY1986F150 07-31-2012 09:56 PM

Originally Posted by Gary Lewis (Post 12121069)
Well said, and I agree.

In fact, my only concern is as a grandfather watching another grandfather's beloved truck being broken up. And, I can now say "beloved" with more certainty since heretofore I only had what I could see in pictures, but now I have your eye-witness report - it was mint and 32 year-old trucks aren't in mint condition without loads of love being lavished upon them.

Good point gary. If I had any of my grandfathers cars i would be thrilled and would baby it to no end. This 64' Corvair i am going to restore just like the 63' my grandfather had back in the day.

Fordzilla80 07-31-2012 09:57 PM

Originally Posted by Dave804 (Post 12120993)
I think Shaun wanted some trim if no one takes the bed.

I already asked him, he wants to keep it all intact. :)

I've got lines on other sources for the trim, I'd just rather help a fellow FTE'r out than a junkyard.

Rogue_Wulff 07-31-2012 11:07 PM

Originally Posted by Gary Lewis (Post 12121069)
32 year-old trucks aren't in mint condition without loads of love being lavished upon them.

Quite true. Not only have I got dad's 74 that shows the years of care it was given, but I just got that 84 CRX that is as close to factory original as I have ever seen.

TheKirbyMan 08-01-2012 01:31 AM

My 95 Cherokee was bought new in 1995 by my aunt and uncle, and they were the only owners besides me. It shows its age some but it isn't hacked, butchered or neglected. Even some wiring workarounds that my uncle did to try and fix various electrical bugs were done cleanly and safely (wish I could say the same for my own wiring sometimes...lol). I was surprised when I replaced the ignition switch (on a guess, no less) and suddenly the wipers and radio and HVAC started working again. That and I don't have to wiggle the key and use a remote starter to crank it anymore. :P

It's taking forever for the title though, since my aunt and uncle's bank lost it and due to my uncle's death a year or so ago, there's some paperwork involved in getting a replacement.

truckertrav 08-01-2012 05:31 AM

Originally Posted by Sw1tchfoot (Post 12119097)
Got my full A/C system assembled with 8oz of PAG46 oil and a red orifice tube. Haven't charged it or pulled a vacuum yet. Everything is new except the little aluminum blocks that bolt to the top of the compressor and the pressure cut-off switch.

Should I replace the pressure switch anyway or only if it doesn't work? And if I do replace it should I pay more for a "R134A" version or the R12 version and just adjust it if necessary?

I am in the process of doing my 85 the same way.
Got the new condenser,compressor,evap cor,dryer,etc.
I have the condenser,dryer,and evap core installed.
Hopefully,today, I get the compressor and everything hooked up.
At least get a vacuum on it.
I am leaving the pressure switch on mine also.. Trav..:-wink

85lebaront2 08-01-2012 08:05 AM

What have you done to your truck today?

Originally Posted by RAY1986F150 (Post 12121085)
Good point gary. If I had any of my grandfathers cars i would be thrilled and would baby it to no end. This 64' Corvair i am going to restore just like the 63' my grandfather had back in the day.

Damn, Ray, you have that perversion too? I had a 64 Monza 110 4sp and Archion had a 65 Corsa with somewhere between a stage 1 and Stage 2 Yenko engine.

RAY1986F150 08-01-2012 08:31 AM

Originally Posted by 85lebaront2 (Post 12122249)
Damn, Ray, you have that perversion too? I had a 64 Monza 110 4sp and Archion had a 65 Corsa with somewhere between a stage 1 and Stage 2 Yenko engine.

Yes Sir. I love anything Air cooled. Ive been mostly a Chevy muscle and Volkswagen guy since I have been wrenching (all my life). This will be my first Corvair, but I have tinkered on a few of them with my dad's friends. This 86' F150 is my first ford. I do like these 80-86 f150's. But I think most of my love for cars is chevy muscle and anything air cooled. Ive owned a few VW's, beetles and a bus.

85lebaront2 08-01-2012 08:55 AM

I got out of the Corvairs after the local club sort of screwed me over a Christmas banquet. I found something else to play with (I had Ford trucks already), Turbocharged Chryslers hence the screen name and avatar (license was on my 1985 Mark Cross K body convertible).

RAY1986F150 08-01-2012 09:25 AM

I don't do clubs. Im not nearly old enough to sit around in a parking lot talking about the good old days and complain about the weather and my wife. I don't care to show off my cars to anyone. Its all about the wrenching and driving. I guess having a challenge to overcome is what keeps me wrenching.

Dave804 08-01-2012 10:44 AM

I'm younger than you Ray. I got into local clubs for the camaraderie. It's rare to find guys my age into cars that aren't into rice (read: impossible) so the local clubs was a good way to get to know people.

RAY1986F150 08-01-2012 11:16 AM

Originally Posted by Dave804 (Post 12122790)
I'm younger than you Ray. I got into local clubs for the camaraderie. It's rare to find guys my age into cars that aren't into rice (read: impossible) so the local clubs was a good way to get to know people.

You in VA? Im moving back to KY in a year or so, to the Louisville area. We might have to meet up sometime and hang out. I agree, its darn near impossible to find anyone into cars and trucks like me and you who are our age. The fast and furious generation created a gap in old classic interest. But there are guys like us out there. I consider myself even rarer because I am into restoring cars to original condition, not "tricking" them out or making them "better" with stupid rims and rediculous sound systems.

Dave804 08-01-2012 12:31 PM

If I could have the money I spent on NOS and good condition interior parts in my youth. And I got my driver's license in 2006. In some ways I can't blame my generation- for one payment on a classic muscle car they could have a cheap import that cost so much less to play with.

SideWinder4.9l 08-01-2012 01:10 PM

Originally Posted by RAY1986F150 (Post 12122890)
You in VA? Im moving back to KY in a year or so, to the Louisville area. We might have to meet up sometime and hang out. I agree, its darn near impossible to find anyone into cars and trucks like me and you who are our age. The fast and furious generation created a gap in old classic interest. But there are guys like us out there. I consider myself even rarer because I am into restoring cars to original condition, not "tricking" them out or making them "better" with stupid rims and rediculous sound systems.

Hey hey hey...I'm 23 and LOVE vintage cars...

I actually have a 1970 Roadrunner (Sports Coupe no less...}>) awaiting a full resto...

And a 1969 Chevy K-10....

So yea...The American spirit isn't stamped out....Yet...lol

RAY1986F150 08-01-2012 01:15 PM

Originally Posted by SideWinder4.9l (Post 12123230)
Hey hey hey...I'm 23 and LOVE vintage cars...

I actually have a 1970 Roadrunner (Sports Coupe no less...}>) awaiting a full resto...

And a 1969 Chevy K-10....

So yea...The American spirit isn't stamped out....Yet...lol

AT-A-BOY:-jammin