Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   1973 - 1979 F-100 & Larger F-Series Trucks (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum38/)
-   -   What Have YOU Done To Your Truck Today? (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/931373-what-have-you-done-to-your-truck-today.html)

katzklaw 03-01-2016 06:16 PM

finally got around to installing my $15 flea market find radio...

before:
https://cimg2.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.for...54a7580eaa.jpg

after:
https://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.for...9b1ef8d83d.jpg

and no, i didn't repaint my truck between the first and second pic... for some reason my phone decided to go artsy on me and screw up the colors. >.<

unfortunately... i guess you get what you pay for. i got a $120 radio for $15... so i got a $15 radio. one of the features of this thing that i was most excited about... i can't get to work. the bluetooth won't connect properly with my phone. it pairs, but then it never connects. also... either the CD slot doesn't work, or there's a disc jammed in it, so that doesn't function either. havn't tested the USB port... but hopefully at least that works. normal radio function works... just like my last radio the screen is SUPER dim. i must not have something hooked up right somewhere, but it turns on, finds a station, and plays through my speakers, and doesn't lose it's mind when i shut off the engine. meh. good enough for now i guess.

lpdcjr 03-01-2016 06:46 PM

I got my new spicer slider yoke in the mail. Installed it. Got the front and rear drive shaft under the truck. Installed inner axle seals in the front diff. Which was awesome, because i just had the freaking thing apart a few days ago to do u joints, bearing, brakes, ball joints, hubs. All that stuff. Totally forgot about those seals. So i got to take it all apart. Again. And install two small, but important items.
Filled up the tcase, both diffs, and the steering box. Installed engine stands. Bolted, not welded, like some goober did before me. Finished bending abd flaring brake lines. Took apart and cleabed the proportioning valve. Actually i did that yesterday. But whatever, close enough. Greased everything.
Oh, flushed the in cab gas tank. Need to swish some muriatic acid around in there tomorrow.
Engine and sheet metal swap beging thursday night. Hopefully ill have it all done by sunday night. That means i will have a month of nights and weekends total in this whole mess of stuff. Im ready for it to be done

monkey-1 03-01-2016 06:56 PM

Opened a big box.
https://cimg6.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.for...2f5063b2cb.jpg

The first of many.

77&79F250 03-01-2016 07:23 PM

Blew a (rusted) inside the dvrs side frame rail hard brake line the other day so...I am going to repair it tomorrow and investigate the hard pedal issue.

I have setting on the shelf a new m/s, brake booster, 2 new front calipers and flex lines.

Replace the carb on the blue truck today, so now it starts but has a odd sound like the carb settings are off, going to work it over tomorrow too.

monkey-1 what part # and where did you get that set up?

gfburke 03-01-2016 10:46 PM

Just replaced my fuel filter. Probably time.
Last night I learned how to bleed brakes and did the ladies 73 beetle. Then was rewarded..

blue04.5 03-01-2016 11:26 PM

Originally Posted by gfburke (Post 16091244)
Just replaced my fuel filter. Probably time.
Last night I learned how to bleed brakes and did the ladies 73 beetle. Then was rewarded..

:-jammin:-X04

shehan 03-02-2016 06:35 AM

Originally Posted by 77&79F250 (Post 16090658)

+1. I'm interested in knowing this too. Looks great

big-ugly 03-02-2016 09:19 AM

Yesterday I got a new vinyl floor and abs headliner from JBG installed in my 74 f250. The interior looks much better, I'm very satisfied with the results

axidjw 03-02-2016 09:25 AM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by big-ugly (Post 16092184)
Yesterday I got a new vinyl floor and abs headliner from JBG installed in my 74 f250. The interior looks much better, I'm very satisfied with the results

The headliner is on my bucket list as well, did you do it yourself or have someone install. I was thinking to do it myself and put in some dynomat sound deading/insulation as well. Got any pics?

big-ugly 03-02-2016 09:42 AM

Originally Posted by axidjw (Post 16092210)
The headliner is on my bucket list as well, did you do it yourself or have someone install. I was thinking to do it myself and put in some dynomat sound deading/insulation as well. Got any pics?

Pics up in my build thread. I installed myself with the help of a friend. Could be done on your own, but I recommend getting a helper. Already had insulation behind the old headliner, so I reused it

axidjw 03-02-2016 09:43 AM

thank you sir, I appreciate the info..

big-ugly 03-02-2016 09:46 AM

Originally Posted by axidjw (Post 16092258)
thank you sir, I appreciate the info..

Been called many things, but not usually "sir" ;) no problem. If you have any questions feel free to pm me, I will answer anything to the best of my abilities

axidjw 03-02-2016 06:14 PM

Headers

2 Attachment(s)
my headers were waiting for me at doorstep when i got home today. Went ahead and stripped them of shiny "shipping" paint. What a damn mess that was. Hit them up with two coats of high temp exhaust paint. If i get a wild hair i might start on them tonight.
They still have that "wet" look but when dried, it fades to a dull black.

monkey-1 03-02-2016 08:44 PM

Originally Posted by 77&79F250 (Post 16090658)

Originally Posted by shehan (Post 16091656)
+1. I'm interested in knowing this too. Looks great

Bear with me on this. This is a new setup soon to be available as a conversion for our trucks. As soon as I can, I will do a complete write up and link to where to get these.

I am waiting on 50 feet of Nicopp line and new brake cylinders/hoses to complete this upgrade. Basically swapping in everything new except the brake pedal!

77&79F250 03-02-2016 09:51 PM

A fellow FTE Missouri chapter member came up to the house and we had a mini wrench fest. Got the blown (insert rusted) rear brake line replaced along with a new m/s and brake booster. Ol silver can stop like it should now.

He also did his tune magic on ol blue's carb, now it starts, idles and is hopefully going into DD status.