Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum41/)
-   -   Difference between F1 and F6 (1952) (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/845434-difference-between-f1-and-f6-1952-a.html)

VistaGT 04-29-2009 03:32 PM

Yea that does look good

havi 04-29-2009 04:20 PM

I agree. If you want to do something in the "rod" mold, that would be it. Nothing outrageous there, just good taste and workmanship. BTW, Bob, was that pic taken at the Dells?

bobj49f2 04-29-2009 04:28 PM

Originally Posted by havi (Post 7443489)
I agree. If you want to do something in the "rod" mold, that would be it. Nothing outrageous there, just good taste and workmanship. BTW, Bob, was that pic taken at the Dells?

No, I took that picture at a power show just west of Milwaukee in Sussex, WI. I've seen it in other parts of the state tooling down the highway. It's not exactly stock, he's got a monster Cadillac engine and a IH rear end with some high Ford gears in it. I've seen him haul a fifth wheel RV down the highway without a sweat, really nice truck. I've only met the owner once, at the Sussex show. He owns a couple of other interesting big trucks.

havi 04-29-2009 04:36 PM

It's interesting for sure. I get my uncle's F6 (and F8) I may do something like that if I get the bug. Otherwise stock like I had originally planned. Looks nice, though.

VistaGT 04-29-2009 05:24 PM

...Just when you tell me NOT to hotrod the F6 you show me this? Monster Cadillac engine, and geared? jk jk

bobj49f2 04-29-2009 10:19 PM

Originally Posted by VistaGT (Post 7443721)
...Just when you tell me NOT to hotrod the F6 you show me this? Monster Cadillac engine, and geared? jk jk

The Caddy engine's nice but once you have the headers and straight pipes on that flattie you're going to in love. Beleive me, a flattie has it's own sound and it will turn heads.

VistaGT 04-29-2009 10:50 PM

Awesome! so do you think the glasspacks make it sound better than just open headers or what?

bobj49f2 04-29-2009 11:02 PM

I have glass packs on my panel and I think the glass is finally starting to burn out. when I got the engine it was really quiet, kind of disappointing but now it starting to get a nice mellow flattie rumble coming out of it now. I have read that the old timers used to pour diesel fuel down the glass packs to hasten the deterioration of the fiberglass inside. They'll eventually deteriorate on their own and become close to be straight throw pipes.

Julies Cool F1 04-29-2009 11:09 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Do this! Trust me, You'll like it!

Attachment 14884

Attachment 14885

VistaGT 04-30-2009 09:27 AM

That's originally what I had in mind-that looks good! I'm sure it sounds pretty badass too.

For that though are there any problems with air/fuel or backpressure. Does anything need to be adjusted to run headers with sidepipes or no?

Also is it expensive to go to a 4 tube header vs. the siamese 3 tube? Is it worth it?

Thanks!

kmule 04-30-2009 07:14 PM

F47

Being a newbie I had to find a place to start. I am now the proud owner of a Canadian 49 F47 Panel Dleivery van. From the info posted in this thread it appears that the US = would be F3? Any how seems to be lots of good info on how to start my new project.
cheers

Julies Cool F1 04-30-2009 07:37 PM

Originally Posted by VistaGT (Post 7446399)
That's originally what I had in mind-that looks good! I'm sure it sounds pretty badass too.

For that though are there any problems with air/fuel or backpressure. Does anything need to be adjusted to run headers with sidepipes or no?

Also is it expensive to go to a 4 tube header vs. the siamese 3 tube? Is it worth it?

Thanks!

Back pressure? Are you kidding? The only thing that feels any back pressure with this set up is the Chebby I'm blowin off the road in the lane next to me.

Yep at 3 1/2 inch diameter the pipes are plenty big. They have a built in muffler but do have a very low throaty rumble! When I'm in a mood I love driving through the market parking lot and setting off all the car alarms :-missingt

And yes they were expensive (I think). I had to have them custom made - the headers and the transition tube (the side pipes are Patriots) all together with powder coating and choming they were $1700 - two years ago.

Originally Posted by kmule (Post 7448511)
Being a newbie I had to find a place to start. I am now the proud owner of a Canadian 49 F47 Panel Dleivery van. From the info posted in this thread it appears that the US = would be F3? Any how seems to be lots of good info on how to start my new project.
cheers

Hey Kmule! Go to the index and start a new thread to introduce yourself, that way it won't be burried here and everyone can say HI!

Welcome!

kmule 04-30-2009 07:43 PM

F47

Thanks Julie

locomotivebreath 05-01-2009 12:00 AM

Originally Posted by bobj49f2 (Post 7442028)
Here's a F-5 pickup that runs around here:

http://www.fatfenderedtrucks.com/truckpix/wistl.jpg

Just to give you an idea of what a F-6 pickup will look like, I personally like it.

Bob, you got anymore pictures of this one? :-X04

bobj49f2 05-01-2009 12:10 AM

I don't know if I do, I'll have to check my shop computer but I lost a bunch of files about 6-7 monthes ago when my computer crashed, thankfully the place that I buy my computers from was able to retrieve my business documents. The images I have were on my web site sever and some on my home computer.