Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   Iowa Chapter (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum140/)
-   -   Meeting date and location (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/311796-meeting-date-and-location.html)

Saurian 12-10-2004 10:51 PM

Good point.

I'm going to be dropping by the place tomorrow, to put a deposit on the bowling lanes for one. Also to get an idea of what restaurants we have to choose from. I'll check out the parking lot, I'm sure we can decide on an area to meet at out there. All else fails, I can make sure to be 20-30 minutes early and you all can just look for my Ford - I got pictures of my truck in my gallery now btw.

So Saturday night or Sunday I'll be able to post all this for us to decide as well. I'm thinking we can get a big bunch of Ford's outside =). SOMEBODY has to bring a digital camera or something so we can get some pictures! That's something we didnt' do last time, take a picture to document that our group did honestly meet.

truckertaz 12-11-2004 05:29 AM

Well if I can make it I will bring my digi camera and get some blackmail...er I mean evidence...I mean uhmmmmm some pictures }> :-X22 :-X06

Saurian 12-11-2004 08:25 AM

Funny thing...

They messed with my schedule for next week. I'm currently working 10-4 on Saturday..so..I might not actually be making it. Figures, right? I have a couple people I can talk to on Monday to see if they can switch me their 5-11 AM shift with me, that'd still allow me to make it up there almost on time - though I would certainly not be early. But I can't gaurentee my presence at the meeting at this time.

I'll still be heading up there today to take a look at the place, and also to be able to finalize the point of meeting, and of course - where we're gonna eat.

Saurian 12-12-2004 07:08 PM

I'm sorry guys.

I stopped in at Airlanes today, to get things figured out. When I told her that I had about 10 guys that we were all gonna be coming in to bowl on Saturday, they were a bit booked. Evidently somebody had bought out the place from 2-4, and they have league on Saturday night..so our available time that day would be 12-2 to bowl. I'm going to look up and call some more places tomorrow and get SOMETHING figured out that is "easy" to find. Ie..close to a major road or on one. I'll talk to my uncle tonight as well.

Again..sorry guys. Sunday had been open, but I hadn't though about Saturday. I'll get something figured out though. Hopefully be able to have it hammered out tomorrow night.

Saurian 12-12-2004 07:27 PM

Ok, the other bowling alley that my I had looked at (that my uncle said he'd been to and was good) was Bowlerama just down the road from Southridge Mall. This is a fairly simple place to get to. SE 14th is one of the "big" road's in Des Moines. Here is a map: Bowlerama . What do you guys think?

Here is the link of the bowling alleys that I was going off of: Mapquest List . If anybody has been to the other's..the AMF one I thought about possibly. But the one on SE 14th my uncle said was a really nice place, his only complaint was that it had a synthetic floor or something.

Unless I hear any complaints tonight or tomorrow from you guys, I'm going to call that bowling alley tomorrow after work and get their information on costs, book us, everything. Also being where it is - there are a whole plethora of restaurants along SE 14th for us to go to. I'm a big fan of Culver's, but its not a big deal for me where we go to eat.

Anyways, as I mentioned in my last post: I'm sorry for that place not being possible. If this next place doesn't work..I'm going to be seriously ripped.

EDIT: I'm going to call them right now and talk to them.

Saurian 12-12-2004 07:43 PM

Ok, unless somebody really doesn't want to go - I have us booked at Bowlerama in Des Moines off of SE 14th. I posted the map in my last post.

As far as the cost, they've got a special right now. Ten dollars gets you shoes + 3 games, with 3.35 being the cost for any additional games. We've got one lane reserved right now, but he said they aren't overly busy so if we have to expand then that's ok. I know not all will be playing though. They do have a bar there that is fully stocked minus wine coolers (We're guys, anyways =P), as well as a fryer there for burgers, fries, tenderloins, etc. Pretty good setup, and the manager was completely nice. We're registered as the "Ford Truck Enthusiasts" under my name (Jacob Schwartz). All we have to do is be out of there by 5, because they have leagues that night and have to start getting the lanes oiled up or whatever at 5 or so.

That link you can click to give you directions to it from wherever and vice versa. Also it provides a phone number for the bowling alley. My number is (641) 895-7439 if any of you were to need to get ahold of me - ride, questions, etc. If you have conflicts in regards to making it there as far as money..just call somebody that will be going and I'm sure you can get up there with them.

I just hope now that I can make it. *Prayer* Hopefully I can get somebody to work for me.

Anything else?

cowboywanabe 12-12-2004 09:44 PM

Jacob,

Thanks for all your hard work! Lookin' forward to being there.

Rob

fellro86 12-13-2004 09:14 AM

Good work!! now if you can get your own favor answered...

fellro86 12-13-2004 09:19 AM

Ok, I didn't see that my one post was in the name of my friend's out there in SD, good to see his log in is working... had some problems with that before. But at least you figured out it was me.... and he now has a post!!!;) I don't knoiw why my email hasn't been keeping me updated on all this stuff... kind of annoying, oh well. I've got my camera that can do pics and video, finally found a replacement cord, and wouldn't you know it, the original shows up....

Saurian 12-13-2004 04:25 PM

Looking good, Roger!

My buddy Brett was able to trade me up..so I work 5-9 that morning and he's working 11-2. They had modified the schedule since I'd looked at it, so I was only working till 2 but I still wouldn't be able to really make it up and participate.

So as of right now, we have our meeting at Bowlerama, with the link posted in a post previously (Here it is again: Bowlerama ). Right off of SE 14th. Lots of places to go eat at right around there - Fast food, IHOP, Culvers, Country Kitchen, even an Applebee's I think.

What time do you all want to get together to eat. If we can come up with a place that we'd like to eat, then we could put in reservations there as well. Somebody else that is very familiar with Des Moines could help out here. Even Chichi's I believe. Anybody else know any? 10 guys on a Saturday afternoon can be an imposition in a restaurant.

Does anybody else have comments, suggestions, etc?

Thanks Rob (2 ^_^) and Roger for your compliments. I'm just glad that 1 - I was able to put things back together after things started to fall through and 2 - that I'm going to be able to make it myself! Glad you're back though, Roger. I'll be glad when its not me doing the organization lolol.

What all did you haul back?

fellro86 12-13-2004 09:06 PM

Culver's is cool by me, happens to be one of my favorites too, most of them do a good job. I'll be easy to spot, will probably go ahead and wear my Iowa FTE shirt, although I should have gotten an XL< I know better than that, but ordered a large. Anyone want to buy a shirt?

i brought back my 77 that I had out there that I actually had driven, until the brakes, electrics, springs and fuel supply all combined to drive me crazy. I was going to pull the motor from this one and put into the 79, but it now resides in Ohio. It's possible this one may go on to Wisconsin, working out a deal on that now. If ounly I had a few more... i also brought back some other goodies, like a good 302 from a 81 T-bird, double sump oil pan, AOD trans from the same, and other numerous other brand motors and trannies, some have places to go, others don't yet, but will find one eventually. Not to mention some of my equipment and supplies that were still out there. Sad thing is, got plenty more to go.

Saurian 12-13-2004 09:33 PM

Jeez, quite the haul I take it. You tradin around the stuff to people here on FTE?

What's the 77's particulars? ;)

fellro86 12-13-2004 09:38 PM

yeah, making some money ont the FTE classifieds, gotta get by somehow. Anyway, the 77 has a running, although temperamental 400M, 4 speed trans, haven't checked on the rear gears, dual piston calipers, but yet uses same pads as the 1/2 tons, pretty good cab and fenders, but I don't recommend it as a fixer, too many gremlins lurking in there... ticked me off enough to be designated PARTS...

Saurian 12-14-2004 09:30 AM

Lemme know if you stumble across anything solid axle front and with leaf springs =). Ugly preferred so it'll be CHEAP. Spring time...I want to mud run...

farmb0y 12-15-2004 12:24 PM

So what's the plan for this Saturday? How long are you guys going to be bowling? I want to make it down, but I don't know if I'll be able to. I've got graduation at 9:30am, then I'm going out to eat with my family after that, and who knows how long that will take. I didn't know if you guys will be down there bowling till 2 or 3. ?? Thanks.