Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   6.7L Power Stroke Diesel (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum205/)
-   -   This is prolly a 1 page thread at most (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1183425-this-is-prolly-a-1-page-thread-at-most.html)

Sailor Roy 11-16-2016 10:16 PM

Originally Posted by Iowa Ford (Post 16725043)
Good morning guys :-wink
Been busy doing a little fall tillage, plus lots of outdoor projects.
Too nice to be inside !!
Roy, How often do the kids ask to go to the bathroom. LOL
Have fun today :-X22

They just sit there and pee their pants...........:-hair
:-X04:-X04

I am surprised......Not often at all.........

Originally Posted by GIGGER (Post 16725084)
Roy I hope Lynn feels better today, those kids need her :)

have a good day truckers

Lynn is feeling better........tonight she says she is going to school in the morning.
If not........The kids will need her........}>}>

Originally Posted by GIGGER (Post 16725691)
plus being married for over 30 yrs its a natural instinct :-X04

:-missingt........:-missingt

Originally Posted by bigredtruckmi (Post 16726522)
https://cimg5.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.for...24f8303b47.jpg

Bearing went out on feeder. A lot of stuff to take off.

Looks like all Dave uses is a BFH...........:-X24:-missingt

Sailor Roy 11-16-2016 10:24 PM

Long day........

Had to take the Montana to the RV Dealer early this morning before school. It was scheduled to be there by 0900.....well, I'll be in class. So, got up at 0545.....dressed...coffee.......hitch up the Montana. Dropped her off at Pierce RV.....then to school. At school around 0715........:)

Day went well.......We had a "Lockdown" drill. Intruder in the building........I was ready......weapon ready to draw........:) Kids safe.

k7lvo 11-16-2016 10:28 PM

Originally Posted by Sailor_Roy (Post 16727278)
Long day........

Had to take the Montana to the RV Dealer early this morning before school. It was scheduled to be there by 0900.....well, I'll be in class. So, got up at 0545.....dressed...coffee.......hitch up the Montana. Dropped her off at Pierce RV.....then to school. At school around 0715........:)

Day went well.......We had a "Lockdown" drill. Intruder in the building........I was ready......weapon ready to draw........:) Kids safe.

So that would be a lock(and load)down drill. I LIKE it! 👍

Sailor Roy 11-16-2016 10:51 PM

Originally Posted by k7lvo (Post 16727285)
So that would be a lock(and load)down drill. I LIKE it! 👍

This school is smart........Kids and staff are not going to be easy targets for some Idiot..........

Dakster 11-16-2016 11:09 PM

Glad it went well Roy...

Jon - Thanks for the input on the plastic shoes for horses I was curious about it as well.

Rodney are you still selling your truck to Monty?

Jigger2020 11-17-2016 05:30 AM

good reading guys, wow this week is going by fast, have a good'un enthusiasts

PlayersZ28 11-17-2016 08:15 AM

Originally Posted by Painted Horse (Post 16727209)
I've seen the crowd funding website. Kinda pricing in my view.
You still have to attach the velcro strip on the hoof wall for the shoes to attach to. A new steel shoe is all of $2.50. I usually pick up 16 shoes and my cost is about $35 I can't even buy one hoof boot for that cost.

If you are nervous about driving nails into a horses hoof. I guess they are an easier solution. And there are times when I prefer plastic for traction vs steel like on slick granite. Somebody still has to nipper and rasp the hoof to shape.

My problem with Hoof boots in general. Is that they fail or come off when I need them. Most boots are sized for front or back hooves and in the various sizes. So keeping spares for 4-5 horses requires 4-8 spares. Which, I'm not going to pack 10 miles into the back country. So I end up day 2 of a 3 day weekend with no boot cause my horse one lost or destroyed the boot I had on and I'm carrying a spare for horse two.

If they get them into production and bring the price down, I'd look more seriously at them. But not at their current pricing.

Interesting, thanks for the extra info. We had horses when I was younger (many yrs back :) ) and ours weren't shod. That was a good thing I expect as one of them kicked and put a rear hoof into the side of my face, shoes would have made a mess.

SavageNFS 11-17-2016 08:26 AM

Good morning guys!

Broken boys gets new casts today. Mom takes him at 10am. They need to verify the Left one is still set properly or he's going to need surgery and likely some pins. I guess it was one of those borderline deals. He could have done it, but the swelling was too great. We're hoping for the best at this point.

Awesome Band concert last night. They all played wonderfully and it was really nice to be back in the PAC (performing arts center for our high school).

Have a GREAT day guys!

Jigger2020 11-17-2016 08:33 AM

I hope he doesnt need pins, that may bother him later in life , good luck to him

we need a concert vid, quit slacking down there :)

Sailor Roy 11-17-2016 08:36 AM

Good morning to all ye fine Patriots.........:-wink

Lynn headed off to school this morning.....so, it is Saturday #4 for me. I am not expecting it to last. I think Lynn should have stayed home another day or two.......We'll see.

A wee bit of snow and 31°F / 0°C......winter is trying to happen. Poor showing so far.

Andre'.....Give Broken-Boy a milkshake to help him feel better.........:)

Sailor Roy 11-17-2016 08:37 AM

Originally Posted by GIGGER (Post 16727848)
I hope he doesnt need pins, that may bother him later in life , good luck to him

we need a concert vid, quit slacking down there :)

Yes......What he said.....^^^^^
:)

Good morning Gerry.......

SavageNFS 11-17-2016 09:04 AM

Originally Posted by Sailor_Roy (Post 16727861)
Good morning to all ye fine Patriots.........:-wink

Lynn headed off to school this morning.....so, it is Saturday #4 for me. I am not expecting it to last. I think Lynn should have stayed home another day or two.......We'll see.

A wee bit of snow and 31°F / 0°C......winter is trying to happen. Poor showing so far.

Andre'.....Give Broken-Boy a milkshake to help him feel better.........:)

We got them both milkshakes after the concert last night.

How's Lynn?

SavageNFS 11-17-2016 09:11 AM

Concert vids are uploading to Youtube. You guys have never asked to see them before, but they should be ready in a couple of hours if you want to see them. There's a lot of them, but they are not public. I'll post the links to the latest concert for you. You can't see the boy. His Euphonium blocks the view to his face. He's first chair, so he's towards the middle.

https://cimg6.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.for...019a633920.jpg

ExxWhy 11-17-2016 09:11 AM

Morning ye deplorables.

Question about welders and welding since mopst of you guys have one.

My welding experience amounts to a 6 week session way back in HS and to my recollection we covered gas welding and stick. Nothing wire feed. I could do the gas somewhat adequately, the stick I struggled with. No doubt in the intervening years my skills have eroded a bit.

Can I buy some sort of wire feed mig welder and expect to have any useful results without a big investment in practice? IE How hard is it?

I'd love to take a class at the local vocational school, but they don't offer basic welding 101, they just have a $2600 course to get some sort of certification. I just want to melt some things together now and then.

SavageNFS 11-17-2016 09:14 AM

Eric, you can buy an inexpensive buzz box that runs off 110v that will weld light stuff with flux core wire and not need a bottle (gas). It's cheap. I'd recommend you spend a bit more and get a 220v machine and a bottle and you will be amazed at how well you are able to weld in a short period of time. Spend a bit more and you can get auto setting machines!