Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   6.7L Power Stroke Diesel (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum205/)
-   -   This is prolly a 1 page thread at most (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1183425-this-is-prolly-a-1-page-thread-at-most.html)

Sailor Roy 02-15-2016 09:21 AM

Originally Posted by sbryan (Post 16045437)
Andre, my regens are very random. A lot depends on my driving conditions. If its a lot of in town stop and go it regens more frequently. If I'm out on the pike or towing I may not see a regen for a long time. I don't pay much attention to them because they are pretty much transparent as far as I'm concerned. I only have 20k on my truck so I may not be a great example but so far the 6.7 has been flawless, along with everything else. I haven't thrown a single code since I bought it. I do oil samples with every oil change and they are coming back great. Not a fan boy of any brand but so far the Ford has been a keeper. I'm sure your Fiat is every bit as good. A lot depends on how well you maintain your vehicle and I know you are a lot like me - lots of attention to PM.

Shawn, the problem that Andre' runs into, is that when it is time for an oil change.........He buys a new truck.......:-hair

SavageNFS 02-15-2016 09:25 AM

I just like to take stuff apart and hope I can put it back together, lol. I'll never forget when my wife came home to the intake and turbo to my 6.0L on her kitchen table. She was really upset after that. I guess my blue tarp for table protection didn't do much for the smell of diesel fuel in her kitchen for a few days :-missingt

So far I'm loving the truck and it sure is nice to get some helmet time in. I was pretty concerned, but the rest of the month looks good.

SavageNFS 02-15-2016 09:26 AM

Originally Posted by Sailor_Roy (Post 16045456)
Shawn, the problem that Andre' runs into, is that when it is time for an oil change.........He buys a new truck.......:-hair

I had my last truck longer than you did buddy! 4 years!!!

sbryan 02-15-2016 09:30 AM

Originally Posted by Sailor_Roy (Post 16045456)

Too funny:-X04:-X04:-X04

Originally Posted by SavageNFS (Post 16045470)
I just like to take stuff apart and hope I can put it back together, lol. I'll never forget when my wife came home to the intake and turbo to my 6.0L on her kitchen table. She was really upset after that. I guess my blue tarp for table protection didn't do much for the smell of diesel fuel in her kitchen for a few days :-missingt

So far I'm loving the truck and it sure is nice to get some helmet time in. I was pretty concerned, but the rest of the month looks good.

I love to tinker and used to do a lot of my own work on the older cars but these new motors require too much computer equipment to diagnose and fix things. Plus there isn't room for me to even stick my fingers in the engine bay of the 6.7 - hard to even check the oil without a step ladder. Got to pull the grill to change a headlight bulb. Just no room in there at all.:-X18

As far as working on the kitchen table-nope not going there.:-X21

Painted Horse 02-15-2016 09:33 AM

I hate the regens on the 2015 truck, Wished they would go back to the 2011 programming. I was coming home last night, hauling 4 horses. 20 miles from home home,Active Regen kicks in, I look at the Edge CTS and my Soot load is .94%. That is lower than where a normal regen usually terminates. Usually it starts a regen around 2.74-3.5% and cleans down to 1.14% or there abouts and shuts off. Why it's starting at .94 and going down to .65% and then shutting off has no rhym or reason. It's already cleaner than a normal regen gets it just from the Passive regen of towing.

Had a great weekend in 70° temps riding the horses. Horses were happy to have dry feet after standing in mud and melting snow for the last month. It's nice to have some desert areas within a short drive during the winter months.

These photos are all on the southern edge of Zion National Park in Southern Utah.

https://cimg7.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.for...c7e410cc72.jpg

https://cimg8.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.for...c90e6c95a4.jpg

https://cimg0.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.for...7e165603fc.jpg

https://cimg1.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.for...4b1858433b.jpg

Had one horse slip and go down on some slick rock. Rider got banged up a bit and we spent 4 hours in ER room waiting for CT Scan and doctor to review it. Doc said we must have brought the whole northern half of the state south for the weekend. And everybody was in the ER room. Saw a teenage soccer player get a cast on his ankle. Saw a teenage girl softball player get broken are casted. Another teen age girl looked like she had caught a soccer ball with her nose. Another young boy had rolled an ATV and of course my buddy couldn't remember most of the afternoon after having a horse fall on him. CT scan was negative. Doc said he would be fine in a day or two. He woke up feeling very stiff and beat up the next morning. I just happened to take a photo as the horse fell.

https://cimg2.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.for...bd0bc1a8cc.jpg

Sailor Roy 02-15-2016 09:37 AM

Originally Posted by SavageNFS (Post 16045473)
I had my last truck longer than you did buddy! 4 years!!!

Wow.........
Up until Now........I was trading trucks when it was getting close to tire replacement.....3 yrs.........:-X04:-X04

1973......rebuilt automatic transmission out of a Toyota Corolla on the kitchen floor.......:)

sbryan 02-15-2016 09:39 AM

Looks like some great riding. Ouch - don't want a horse on me. Glad horse and rider turned out OK. That can be pretty scary.

Regens just don't bother me much. I pretty much ignore them. Only time I know I'm having one is when my mileage drops to 13.:-arrgh

Sailor Roy 02-15-2016 09:41 AM

Jon.......Mighty fine pictures......:-X22
Thank You.

Good to hear that your friend is Ok.....
I assume the horse is ok.

SavageNFS 02-15-2016 10:30 AM

Jon great pics! Glad your buddy is alright. Hope the horse is alright too.

golfmedik 02-15-2016 02:39 PM

Beautiful scenery!! I sincerely hope both the rider and the horse are ok!

Dakster 02-15-2016 03:27 PM

Nice pics... Sorry your buddy and the horse slipped/tripped PH. Glad both should be fine too.

Reason FIATS take a long time to preheat is that they do not have glow plugs... Just a grid heater that heats the intake air. The positive is that none of those trucks had ever grenaded a motor due to a glow plug tip breaking off.

I don't like the regen strategy in the 2015 either. I think that they changed it to reduce the chances of getting plugged up DPFs for those that do not drive a lot. It's the only think I can think of. I was probably one of the worst use cases and I never saw a drive to clean message on my 2011 either...

Sailor Roy 02-15-2016 03:33 PM

G2G

You folks know we are going to need to have a G2G out Jon's way summer 2018.............:):):-X22

Sailor Roy 02-15-2016 03:34 PM

Back later..........Off to get the kid. School lets out at 1515 hrs.........

:-wink

Dakster 02-15-2016 03:47 PM

You are late, it's 4:47pm here.

SavageNFS 02-15-2016 03:50 PM

Originally Posted by Dakster (Post 16046396)
Nice pics... Sorry your buddy and the horse slipped/tripped PH. Glad both should be fine too.

Reason FIATS take a long time to preheat is that they do not have glow plugs... Just a grid heater that heats the intake air. The positive is that none of those trucks had ever grenaded a motor due to a glow plug tip breaking off.

I don't like the regen strategy in the 2015 either. I think that they changed it to reduce the chances of getting plugged up DPFs for those that do not drive a lot. It's the only think I can think of. I was probably one of the worst use cases and I never saw a drive to clean message on my 2011 either...

Thanks DAK!