Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   Iowa Chapter (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum140/)
-   -   Meeting date and location (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/311796-meeting-date-and-location.html)

truckertaz 12-07-2004 05:21 AM

I know where the lumber yard (strip club) is in DM }> Its not to far from the Schneider OC :-X03 eerrrr uhmmm not that I would ever go there instead of gettin some sleep or paper work dun }>

fellro86 12-07-2004 08:20 AM

Well, I'm going to be gone for the rest of the week, so you guys will have to figure something out. Jacob, looks like you've got the ball, find a good place in Des Moines or area. I would say it still looks like Sunday, try for early afternoon for those that need to be home early.

Saurian 12-07-2004 09:15 AM

Getting my exhuast done as we speak...and I'm gonna head on up to Pleasantville to show it off to my uncle. I figure I'll look up a couple bowling alleys and see how it is. Look for something hopefully close to one of the interstates, or 65, something like that.

For those that had been planning for Indianola from the South, this only tacks on another 20 minutes or so to the drive. I'd be willing to make the stretch to go out of my way a bit to meet if need be, too.

Good luck with the move back, Roger.

Oh..and thanks for stopping by Rusty. =)

Saurian 12-07-2004 06:27 PM

Alright, me and my uncle did some looking. We found a bowling alley on Fleur Drive, just north of the airport up there. Army Post intersects with SE 14th Street, one of the "main" streets in Des Moines. If you can find your way to SE 14th, you'll just turn off onto Army Post (West) then 3 or so miles down the road you'll turn North onto Fleur drive, and it'll be there right on Fleur Drive. I'll post the link for the bowling alley tomorrow, its in my mailbox but this Macintosh is difficult to work with. I know where it is, and I get lost if I ever venture off of SE 14th lolol.

This bowling alley is one that my uncle said he'd been to, and was pretty good. He said it had a restaurant or a bar, I'm gonna give them a call here in a bit to ask them some questions regarding things. We'll see. Anyways, any objections to the new location? It's a big closer now for you CR-area boys, and just a touch longer for those of us from the South. Roger....nothing could help him =P.

Lemme know.

EDIT: Airlane Bowling Here is the link to the location of the bowling alley in question. Retrieved it while I was still on here on this subject.

EDIT #2: Just got off the phone with them. They do have a bar there, and will be open & all that (9am-11pm) so that's not a problem. The girl said though that they need a 100 dollar deposit in order to reserve lanes. Crap, if you ask me. But..I suppose its something I ought to try for. So, depending on how my Christmas spending goes, I ought to have us some reservations this weekend. Everybody but Roger plan to bowl? If so, then I'll get 2 lanes. Always makes it more fun, don't have to wait as long. Just lemme know what you guy's thoughts are on this, that's the important part.

farmb0y 12-07-2004 08:17 PM

I think I can make it work on the 18/19. I have a family Christmas on the 19th, so preferrably later the 18th, since I'm graduating from ISU that morning!!!!! FINALLY!! :-X01

fellro86 12-07-2004 09:10 PM

well, I'm safely in South Dakota, be in and out, can't make any guarantees how often I'll get on, but I think we best hear from everyone on the day, to make sure who can get there for which day. We need to know what would work, and also your preference. That would help lock down the day. Congrats on the graduation, Adam, hope it works out for you to make it down.... BTW, Jacob, it's 2 hours to CR, and about 2.5 to DM, so that's no issue... Mason City is a little more of a challenge... done that one too.

monsterbaby 12-08-2004 12:49 AM

congrats Farmboy, I can make either day but already stated my preference for sat, but others prefer sunday but Farmboy sounds like he can only make it sat.
BTW you can also get to fluer drive off of the bypass so for the guys coming from CR, when you get into DesMoines you take exit 140 hwy 65 south off of I-80 follow that road (do not take follow 65 off of the bypass later that is just what the exit is off of I80) anyway stay on the road until you see the exit for the airport take that until you pass armypost road, and follow other directions from there should be easy to find that way, and less stop lights.

Saurian 12-08-2004 05:31 PM

I can probably make it Saturday. I usually work mornings...we'll just have to see. Depends on what kind of mood the assistant manager is in the day he does my schedule =). We have some that can do it on Sunday, some that can do it on Saturday. Either way, does anybody have objections to the new location? It'd be nice to have that hammered out before this weekend, whether or not I need to put a deposit down - being the chapter treasurer and all.

How far apart is CF, Waterloo, and CR? I thought they were all right on 380.

Right now we're right at 8 with Rusty hanging on the fence for the 9th. I'd love to have this end up at 10...so..if Saturday has to be "it" then that's what it has to be. Suppose that'd keep me from having to drive all the way back to Centerville from DM.

nogo73 12-08-2004 06:42 PM

I thinking the 18th/19th I will have both days off.Talked to my boss and we are finally are sitting pretty good. Shotgun season opening weekend put us in a bind and wasn't sure I see any Saturdays off.

cowboywanabe 12-08-2004 08:15 PM

As fate would have it, my wife was rescheduled and now has to work Sunday the 19th. My kids are too young to enjoy the trip over to DM and hanging out with dad's boring friends... at least they think the truck is cool!

Looks like I can only make it on the 18th now. I totally understand, so please schedule it for whatever works best for the most guys.

Rob2

Saurian 12-08-2004 09:10 PM

Ok, why don't we go ahead and move this to the 18th then, unless we get an overwhelming outcry for Sunday. Hopefully those people will speak up soon if so, but its sounding like Saturday is definately going to work best. As far as time, as Roger said we'd probably look to meet up there (common place) around lunch time (maybe a touch after), head out to eat, then come back to hang out and bowl. Heck, we might just end up talking and having a good time for a while! How does 12:30-1 O'clock sound. That range of time, don't need anything absolutely definative yet. That we can decide this weekend.

Hope you're having a good one up there Roger. ^_^

scottavt 12-09-2004 09:19 AM

well, I got my 77 f250 loaded up, just gotta get it on the trailer, and get the rest of the stuff loaded on my truck. Hope no DOT takes interest in me, I'm going to be way heavy, be a slow trip home, Supposed to scale anything over 8000 on some of the scales here, so have to watch that. Be hoping to head back in the morning,have to see how that works out. It looks like Saturday it is, too many can't make it work otherwise, so go ahead and get that done.

Saurian 12-09-2004 09:36 AM

Nice name =)

Is the 77 the one with the blown 400?

Saurian 12-10-2004 10:18 AM

Alright, Saturday it is. Didn't see anyone speak up against it. To make it clear, here is what we're planning.

Saturday, December 18th to meet at Airlane Bowling. Initial arrival being between 12:30 and 1:00 in the afternoon. From there, we'll convoy over to a restaurant nearby once everybody is there so we can eat - I know I'll be hungry. Then head on back for bowling for a few hours.

Anybody have any other ideas on how it should go? I'll be up in that area on Saturday or Sunday so I'll be able to see what there is exactly on Fleur Drive by the bowling alley for restaurants, my uncle just said that there were "a few". Sorry..don't think there are Hooters =).

nogo73 12-10-2004 09:05 PM

Are we going to try and meet in the building at the main entrance or out in the parking lot with are hazords flashing?You know what happened last time.