Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   6.7L Power Stroke Diesel (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum205/)
-   -   This is prolly a 1 page thread at most (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1183425-this-is-prolly-a-1-page-thread-at-most.html)

RigTrash601 09-19-2015 08:29 AM

Good morning gang!:-wink

How are you liking Louisiana so far Matt?

EO2SeaBee 09-19-2015 08:46 AM

Howdy y'all.

Have a great weekend!

SavageNFS 09-19-2015 09:00 AM

Good morning guys!

It's game day :) We play at noon. Details to follow...

RigTrash601 09-19-2015 09:27 AM

Originally Posted by SavageNFS (Post 15655160)
Good morning guys!

It's game day :) We play at noon. Details to follow...

Good luck, and give 'em hell!:)

Iowa Ford 09-19-2015 09:48 AM

Morning guys!
Carl, have a safe trip to Ft. Smith
Don, glad you made it OK. Enjoy the nasty heat. :-huh
Andre, your trailer is looking great, Good luck at the game.
Hi, Doug, Mitch, Gerry, and the rest of the Lot.:-wink

displacement4me 09-19-2015 09:53 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Happy Weekend!

Attachment 239021

Not me but I have the same truck so I enjoyed it.

Sailor Roy 09-19-2015 09:58 AM

Howdy Guys......:-wink

What a busy morning........:)

Have fun playing football coach........

Enjoy your trip to Ft Smith.......

Good to hear the AZ trip went well.....remember, only 2 hours of work ot you go into overtime....:-X04

Go out and pet some deer......:-hair

Enjoy a Great day my friends..........:-wink......:)

EO2SeaBee 09-19-2015 10:11 AM

Andre, I would say "good luck", but I'm sure luck has less to do with your success, than skill and perseverance have to do with it! Have fun!

Funny picture Bryan!

Mornin Tim, Mitch, Roy and all.

Roy, are you back on the lake again today?

Just did a fuel, and air filter change. Thanks to the tips provided by other's experiences over the years, it was super easy to do the fuel filters. The air filter was a bit more of a pain. I finally loosened the clamp between the airbox and the intake tube to give me some wiggle room. I had two different strap wrenches to choose from. One was for oil filters and fits on a 1/2" drive rachet. I started off with it, but the strap was too wide to fit well between the filter shroud and the bottom of the housing and turning with it was difficult, so I switched to another with a smaller strap and a built in (long) handle and it came off with no issue. I didn't bother to drain the petcock after three turns. I had a 5 gallon bucket sitting underneath the housing, so just pulled it all the way off and dropped it into the bucket. Even the underhood filter came out and went back in without a fight. I had read where some had to be pried out. I twisted mine and lifted it straight out.

Next big project is seeing if the exhaust is loose enough to fall out - but that is for another day!

RigTrash601 09-19-2015 12:07 PM

That reminds me, I need to service mine. Got everything in the shop, just need to make the time to do it. I still have 1,000 miles before I have 5K on the oil......(Yep, I'm procrastinating again!:D).
Anyway, y'all have a great day and weekend!

EO2SeaBee 09-19-2015 12:23 PM

Mornin Mitch! I decided to have a look at the exhaust while I was under there anyway, just to gauge what I was up against. My original thought was that I would leave everything connected to the DPF, but unplug them from the harness, unbolt the filter assembly and then drop it to the ground. After having a better look at it earlier, now I think I need to remove all of the sensors first, then drop the rocket. There is almost no space for unplugging anything first, and several sensors seem to run all willy-nilly along the frame rail to modules (NOx, O2 and filter dP specifically). What I'm wondering is if that is really the best way to do it, and if so, do the sensors slip freely while the nut is being loosened from the bungs, or does the wire just twist like crazy until the sensor is all the way out?

bigredtruckmi 09-19-2015 12:28 PM

Originally Posted by GIGGER (Post 15655068)
Same to you Dave, do you hang out with Chad in MI at all

Never met him.

Sailor Roy 09-19-2015 12:49 PM

Went to the RV dealer this morning. Showed Lynn the 2015 Cardinal. Lynn liked it. Very pretty with the full body paint.
99K msrp.......so far 75K take home.

Tim Young 09-19-2015 01:37 PM

Just stopping by for a quick check in.

Andre, Very nice job on the trailer! Good luck on Game Day!

Howdy to the rest of you guys.:-wink

Roy, Can't wait to see your new trailer.:-hair

bigredtruckmi 09-19-2015 01:50 PM

Roy will break it in this winter:)

Iowa Ford 09-19-2015 01:51 PM

Originally Posted by EO2SeaBee (Post 15655504)
Mornin Mitch! I decided to have a look at the exhaust while I was under there anyway, just to gauge what I was up against. My original thought was that I would leave everything connected to the DPF, but unplug them from the harness, unbolt the filter assembly and then drop it to the ground. After having a better look at it earlier, now I think I need to remove all of the sensors first, then drop the rocket. There is almost no space for unplugging anything first, and several sensors seem to run all willy-nilly along the frame rail to modules (NOx, O2 and filter dP specifically). What I'm wondering is if that is really the best way to do it, and if so, do the sensors slip freely while the nut is being loosened from the bungs,

or does the wire just twist like crazy until the sensor is all the way out?

Yes the nut should slide on the sensor. I have had a few that are packed with rust dirt, Etc. Be patient and use lube/ blow gun. If you want to save the sensor.