Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   Excursion - King of SUVs (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum29/)
-   -   What did you do to the X today? (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/980894-what-did-you-do-to-the-x-today.html)

AlaskanEx 01-19-2017 01:36 PM

Originally Posted by Stewart_H (Post 16882119)
You get married and forget to tell us? :-huh

Stewart }>

Been together long enough, might as well be.

Stewart_H 01-19-2017 02:22 PM

Originally Posted by AlaskanEx (Post 16882300)

:-jammin

Stewart :-drink

sessland 01-19-2017 04:56 PM

Around here the weather has been mild enough that I got a chance to circulate some winter blend windshield washer fluid through my system.

I haven't been driving the EX much lately so I completely forgot it had summer washer fluid and it froze solid in the reservoir.

Charged up the battery also since it won't hold a charge more than a week.

Looks like it's time to spend some money on the old lady again. It's been a while

AlaskanEx 01-19-2017 05:00 PM

1 Attachment(s)
My Ex has been sitting out in the cold snap we're having. I haven't even brushed the snow off it.

Attachment 208774

Stewart_H 01-19-2017 05:10 PM

Russ, what's with the almost 50 degree difference over by the country club? :D

Someone set up a S.H.I.E.L.D. heat source overhead or something? ;)

Stewart

seijirou 01-19-2017 08:46 PM

Originally Posted by Stewart_H (Post 16882762)

Stewart

Lol I noticed the same thing.

Resto Guy 01-19-2017 10:01 PM

Lots of Excur$$$ion activity this month! Last week was a Sylvania headlamp upgrade. Today I went to my friendly local Ford dealership parts department and picked up my OEM rear tail gate $eal, the one that seals the entire rear opening perimeter. The lift gate and barn doors seal against it. I also got the the rt. door seal, the one that is along the top edge of the rt. barn door, where the lift gate meets. The lt. (driver's) side "L" shape seal is obsolete and not available through Ford.
I also ordered a new "Excursion" name plate for the rt. fender.
Lastly, I put on the aftermarket "Triton V10 6.8" emblems I ordered for the doors. Quite large, but they are slowly growing on me.

2 NEW CUSTOM CHROME FORD EXCURSION 6.8L V10 TRITON SUV BADGES EMBLEMS

With all of the cosmetic changes over the last several months, I think I need to update my avatar. :D

If anyone needs part numbers for the nameplate or seals, PM me. The Ford supply won't last forever.

PSUhoss 01-20-2017 09:00 AM

Originally Posted by Resto Guy (Post 16883555)
Lots of Excur$$$ion activity this month! Last week was a Sylvania headlamp upgrade. Today I went to my friendly local Ford dealership parts department and picked up my OEM rear tail gate $eal, the one that seals the entire rear opening perimeter. The lift gate and barn doors seal against it. I also got the the rt. door seal, the one that is along the top edge of the rt. barn door, where the lift gate meets. The lt. (driver's) side "L" shape seal is obsolete and not available through Ford.
I also ordered a new "Excursion" name plate for the rt. fender.
Lastly, I put on the aftermarket "Triton V10 6.8" emblems I ordered for the doors. Quite large, but they are slowly growing on me.

2 NEW CUSTOM CHROME FORD EXCURSION 6.8L V10 TRITON SUV BADGES EMBLEMS

With all of the cosmetic changes over the last several months, I think I need to update my avatar. :D

If anyone needs part numbers for the nameplate or seals, PM me. The Ford supply won't last forever.

Were the door seals torn?

Did you try the door seal mod? It worked great for me and many others here. Dollar for dollar it is probably the best mod that I have done to my Ex to date.

AlaskanEx 01-20-2017 11:03 AM

Stewart

Nah just a screwed up weather station, we have one out by BigLake that when it was -33F out there it showed 34F above zero haha

seijirou 01-20-2017 11:05 AM

Originally Posted by AlaskanEx (Post 16884674)
Nah just a screwed up weather station, we have one out by BigLake that when it was -33F out there it showed 34F above zero haha

Likely story. :-roll

FLO98 01-20-2017 01:38 PM

New hard lines came in for the brakes, my local Ford establishment had them next day all 3 for $160, but they wanted $75 for fuel filters. They're kinda hit and miss with stuff... I've got part numbers for these lines if anyone needs themhttps://cimg6.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.for...d554e31307.jpg

Skip1970 01-20-2017 01:46 PM

Originally Posted by AlaskanEx (Post 16882300)

Naw it doesnt count tell you put 1/2 of everything you own on the line with the legal paperwork. my suggestion is avoid the paper work at all costs.:-drink

Immortal_Ben 01-20-2017 02:08 PM

Couple days ago I had to replace the fuel pump in the Ex. Timing was right fr fuel filter as well, so that gt done too.

I would say that 230000 miles on one fuel pump is pretty bueno.

Resto Guy 01-20-2017 05:59 PM

Originally Posted by PSUhoss (Post 16884310)
Were the door seals torn?

Did you try the door seal mod? It worked great for me and many others here. Dollar for dollar it is probably the best mod that I have done to my Ex to date.

Not torn, just letting a little water pass through above the right side of the lift gate. Probably more like too distorted or weak is the cause.
Have not seen a topic for doing a door seal mod. Anyone able to post a link?

Stebs 01-20-2017 06:23 PM

Stewart

Most likely all the hot air from the snobs there }>