Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   6.7L Power Stroke Diesel (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum205/)
-   -   This is prolly a 1 page thread at most (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1183425-this-is-prolly-a-1-page-thread-at-most.html)

SavageNFS 04-14-2015 03:39 PM

only the cute ones ;)

Sailor Roy 04-14-2015 03:41 PM

Originally Posted by SavageNFS (Post 15270083)
only the cute ones ;)

:-X04.......:-X22

Good response.........:)

How is life treating you today......

SavageNFS 04-14-2015 03:41 PM

Not too bad. I was able to be productive. How is Roy?

RigTrash601 04-14-2015 03:46 PM

Evening folks, made it back out to the rig. Man, what a trip. Rained the whole way on the drive to the heliport, pretty bad wind and rain on the flight out, bumpy ride for sure. Little over 2 1/2 hr flight today with the head wind....

SavageNFS 04-14-2015 03:47 PM

Enjoy your stay Mitch :) Be safe and enjoy it when you can.

Dakster 04-14-2015 05:26 PM

Glad you made it in one piece Mitch.... I hope to have a smooth flight to Miami... T-Minus 11 hours to take-off on plane #1 of 3.

Dakster 04-14-2015 06:45 PM

Good News

So I was checking the truck out and making sure everything was in place for it sit for a bit. Decided to check the DEF level and it read "below 1/2 tank" so I said perfect, I have a 2.5 Gal bottle (thanks WK15!!!) laying around so I will put it in. It took the whole bottle.

Didn't start the truck, but put the key in and went in a checked and it still said "below 1/2 tank". Then I started the truck and it immediately went to "full". I didn't even drive it a foot... So the reset level procedure seems to be a lot quicker than before.

Desert Don 04-14-2015 07:03 PM

Originally Posted by Dakster (Post 15270548)
So I was checking the truck out and making sure everything was in place for it sit for a bit. Decided to check the DEF level and it read "below 1/2 tank" so I said perfect, I have a 2.5 Gal bottle (thanks WK15!!!) laying around so I will put it in. It took the whole bottle.

Didn't start the truck, but put the key in and went in a checked and it still said "below 1/2 tank". Then I started the truck and it immediately went to "full". I didn't even drive it a foot... So the reset level procedure seems to be a lot quicker than before.

??????? Question.... So should a person go ahead and top off when it says " Less than half full" or wait until it says " 500 miles till empty"?
The reason I ask is mine says less than half full and has for the last 1000 miles or so.

Dakster 04-14-2015 07:15 PM

Originally Posted by 99150 (Post 15270590)
??????? Question.... So should a person go ahead and top off when it says " Less than half full" or wait until it says " 500 miles till empty"?
The reason I ask is mine says less than half full and has for the last 1000 miles or so.

My .02.

I am anal retentive when it comes to fuel tank level and DEF level. It is up to you. IMHO, Neither practice is wrong. I don't like countdowns. I wanted to add some in the winter, but I figured I would leave room for expansion and only put DEF in if needed. Now that sub zero temps are not going to happen I went ahead and topped the tank off. Also, I figured I would forget when I got back and we have a long drive to Fairbanks. There is not a whole lot between Anchorage and Fairbanks and a 500 mile countdown wouldn't be nice. FWIW, When the display says below 1/2 tank it means that a 2.5 gal jug should fit perfect so I figure why not?

What I am afraid of, is I will get the 500 miles to walking message and I'll put a 2.5 gal jug in and it won't bring the level up enough to get rid of the 500 miles remaining message.

I get like this with fuel too. I don't like going below 1/2 tank if I can help it. I also try to have some cans of diesel around just in case. I don't have any at the moment since I am not going to be around for a bit.

Desert Don 04-14-2015 07:18 PM

Originally Posted by Dakster (Post 15270628)
My .02.

I am anal retentive when it comes to fuel tank level and DEF level. It is up to you. IMHO, Neither practice is wrong. I don't like countdowns. I wanted to add some in the winter, but I figured I would leave room for expansion and only put DEF in if needed. Now that sub zero temps are not going to happen I went ahead and topped the tank off. Also, I figured I would forget when I got back and we have a long drive to Fairbanks. There is not a whole lot between Anchorage and Fairbanks and a 500 mile countdown wouldn't be nice. FWIW, When the display says below 1/2 tank it means that a 2.5 gal jug should fit perfect so I figure why not?

What I am afraid of, is I will get the 500 miles to walking message and I'll put a 2.5 gal jug in and it won't bring the level up enough to get rid of the 500 miles remaining message.

I get like this with fuel too. I don't like going below 1/2 tank if I can help it. I also try to have some cans of diesel around just in case. I don't have any at the moment since I am not going to be around for a bit.

Ok. Thanks, Dak. And have yourself a good trip.

Dakster 04-14-2015 07:23 PM

YW...

However, if you happen to be near or getting diesel at a place the sells bulk DEF, topping off is easy and cheap(er) than the jugs. Like Flying J's and Pilots. I used to do that in Florida and on my drives in the lower 48 all the time. Those places do not exist in Alaska.

$2.69/Gal vs. $8 a gal...

golfmedik 04-14-2015 07:58 PM

Dak, I think you and I are the only ones that know about the other type of bush hogging evidently!!!}> Have a safe trip buddy!

Dim Sum 04-14-2015 08:02 PM

Howdy y'all! Things are busy around these parts as its nice and sunny out and its a shame to sped days like that indoors when it will be 100+ degrees here in a month!

Drove down to Dana Point, CA for the weekend just to enjoy the beach. It sure was a nice time and a nice break from the normal grind.

Hope y'all are doing well. I have been reading. I've been having trouble with the FTE app...so its been a little tougher keeping up while out of the house. I don't have any internet (or time for that mater) to check in at work.

I want an RV, but its going to take some time trying to convince the fiance that RVing isn't actually like the exploding toilet on the movie RV . . .

Dakster 04-14-2015 08:05 PM

Originally Posted by golfmedik (Post 15270740)
Dak, I think you and I are the only ones that know about the other type of bush hogging evidently!!!}> Have a safe trip buddy!

Apparently... And thanks. I might be in GA at the end of the month...

Dakster 04-14-2015 08:08 PM

Dim,
Did you get transferred?