Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   6.0L Power Stroke Diesel (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum107/)
-   -   Opinion on truck (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1321405-opinion-on-truck.html)

fordboy2 07-28-2014 06:23 AM

This morning I timed the crank at about 3 seconds and ipr was 61 cold start after sitting all night. Then once it's up to temp hot idle ipr is 24.4. All good?

mustang_309 07-28-2014 07:20 AM

Originally Posted by fordboy2 (Post 14538947)
This morning I timed the crank at about 3 seconds and ipr was 61 cold start after sitting all night. Then once it's up to temp hot idle ipr is 24.4. All good?

That looks good to me.

fordboy2 07-28-2014 10:42 AM

Good like I said I am probably just paranoid. Gonna check the eot and ect on my way home tonight and see if we're good there. Wish you could monitor more than 4 pids at a time.

Rusty Axlerod 07-28-2014 01:16 PM

Congrats! Hope you can enjoy it for awhile now :).

fordboy2 07-28-2014 03:26 PM

Me too! We just bought a new to us camper and of coarse we have a 30' horse trailer we pull with it. Looking forward to seeing how it does. Have to get my gauges in it for egt etc.

fordboy2 07-28-2014 09:50 PM

Well the eot and the ect are about 5 degrees difference 95 percent of the time and fluctuates to a max of 7. I would say that means my oil cooler should be healthy. This appears to be good to go now hopefully for sometime. Now to move on to fun stuff.

fordboy2 07-31-2014 05:42 PM

What are normal cranking time to start hot and cold?

fordboy2 07-31-2014 05:58 PM

Also if I wanted to flush the coolant system do I need to be concerned about plugging the oil cooler?

diesel_dan 07-31-2014 06:17 PM

Originally Posted by fordboy2 (Post 14539521)
Good like I said I am probably just paranoid. Gonna check the eot and ect on my way home tonight and see if we're good there. Wish you could monitor more than 4 pids at a time.

Are you still just using SGII? Go buy a cheap droid tablet and an odbII adapter and Torque Pro and monitor, Log, alarm, to your heart's content for well under a hundred bux.

On your Q about coolant flush: I'll get a ration of crap here, but I'd do a simple drain (from everywhere you can) and fill with whatever was in it (50/50 Ford Gold?). And put a coolant filter on, if you haven't already -- imho XDP has the most complete kit out there and is the cheapest, especially if you catch any of their sales (Labor Day will be a big sale).

I just have read too many people that proactively flush their system 6 ways to Sunday and clog their new oil cooler...

My $.02 worth

Yahiko 07-31-2014 08:33 PM

Originally Posted by diesel_dan (Post 14548460)
Are you still just using SGII? Go buy a cheap droid tablet and an odbII adapter and Torque Pro and monitor, Log, alarm, to your heart's content for well under a hundred bux.

On your Q about coolant flush: I'll get a ration of crap here, but I'd do a simple drain (from everywhere you can) and fill with whatever was in it (50/50 Ford Gold?). And put a coolant filter on, if you haven't already -- imho XDP has the most complete kit out there and is the cheapest, especially if you catch any of their sales (Labor Day will be a big sale).

I just have read too many people that proactively flush their system 6 ways to Sunday and clog their new oil cooler...

My $.02 worth

I am due and plan on doing a dump and quick clean water flush to wash
out the gold and replace with the Shell coolant that my local IH dealer
has. They say it safe with the gold but I will be running some water
flushes just to clear it out and end with a distilled water and the right
amount of coolant and top it off. It was already flushed 10 ways from Sunday
before the oil cooler was installed.

Sean https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/p...ctureid=149188

fordboy2 07-31-2014 09:11 PM

Originally Posted by diesel_dan (Post 14548460)

My $.02 worth

I am still running the scan gauge 2 I have it mounted and plan to leave it for monitoring full time. My numbers look decent but I crank counting 1 1000 2 1000 up until 4 or 5 on a cold start so I figure 4 or 5 seconds. Seem pretty normal? Seems like a long time when it's cranking but the ipr readings and stuff seem good.