Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   Indiana Chapter (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum124/)
-   -   June 2011 is declared BS month in Indiana...that's Begin Summer with the Summer Solstice!!! (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1071563-june-2011-is-declared-bs-month-in-indiana-thats-begin-summer-with-the-summer-solstice.html)

67nukeford 06-27-2011 07:46 AM

Good morning Indiana, hope you all had a great weekend! Man, that's a serious long email Joe!!LOL

cowboywanabe 06-27-2011 09:17 AM

Good morning Indiana! Monday is upon us!

Originally Posted by X_Hemi_Guy (Post 10502531)
Rob...where do you think we should put the still?...umm I mean sap cooker...yeah that's what I mean...

Just make sure the "sap cooker" is camouflaged Joe and it won't matter much on placement... }>

Rumor has it my grandfather ran a little side business in the early 1930's back in the woods of Western Pennsylvania. My mom denies it, says it was before her time. :p My aunt used to tell a story about the revenuers showing up one day when she was a kid... lol... Didn't find any old 'recipes' after my grandparents passed away, however.

X_Hemi_Guy 06-27-2011 10:03 AM

Originally Posted by 97nukeford (Post 10507589)
Man, that's a serious long email Joe!!LOL

Which post are you talking about! LOL...the one with the photo of the sugar shack or the one this morning?

Originally Posted by cowboywanabe (Post 10507988)
Just make sure the "sap cooker" is camouflaged Joe and it won't matter much on placement... }>

Rumor has it my grandfather ran a little side business in the early 1930's back in the woods of Western Pennsylvania. My mom denies it, says it was before her time. :p My aunt used to tell a story about the revenuers showing up one day when she was a kid... lol... Didn't find any old 'recipes' after my grandparents passed away, however.

That's funny Rob...let me know if you find any recipes!

I am 100% Italian and both my grandparents immigrated from Italy and lived in Jersey..."rumor" has it poppy (moms dad) was somehow "connected"...mom always denied it though...he was a Jersey teamster truck driver that always carried heat...hmmm...

I did have an uncle named Al Capone...no lie...he has since passed away...and not of hot lead poisining either...well at least not to my knowledge...

Joe.

KOESTNER 06-27-2011 08:56 PM

Good evening Indiana! Hope your Monday was a good one, and Tuesday is even better.

GeorgiaX 06-27-2011 08:56 PM

When we got the Ex, Mike did a long search to find a 7.3. And then diesel prices went higher than gas. When I left on my trip to Chicago last week, I paid $3.85. Boy was I shocked when I got to the pump in IN: $4.12!!! For the return trip, I made sure I filled up in Chicago at $3.95. Lesson learned: Don't buy diesel for a passenger vehicle in IN.

Joyce (wife of GeorgiaX)

X_Hemi_Guy 06-27-2011 10:16 PM

Joyce,

I am so happy to see you posting here on FTE...the loss of Mike (GeorgiaX) has left a void for all of us (no where near the void for you)...

Thank you for finding our Indiana chapter...I know you have family here in Indiana...I pray that someday you will once again be a Hoosier where your family is.

Indiana as a whole is typically higher than neighboring states for fuel...gas or diesel...typically except for Chicago or Michigan...Indiana taxes cost us all...of course Chitown taxes cost those folks.

Indiana (fort wayne) 87 octane = $3.29 right now...Indiana (fort wayne) diesel = $4.00 per gallon...

We all continue to pray for you and the girls as you find your way without Mike...his loss has left a void in many of our hearts...I am happy I was able to meet him and your family thru the Excursion Diversion...

Next time you are in Indiana...let us know...I know how trips out of state go...very rushed normally with my sister being in NJ...so I understand...

We are flying thru Atlanta next Sunday...but only passing thru...when we land...you know we will be thinking of you, the girls and Mike...

God Speed my friend...stay strong!

Keep posting on here...I know you are enjoying the Ex and pulling the camper with the girls...this is one of the best Ford resources out there...don't be shy...people here are willing to help you with ANY question you have...

Joe.

IB Tim 06-28-2011 03:07 AM

We seem to be in some very turbulent times in our weather…we have many members of FTE who have lost homes, businesses and their livelihood to water, many who are in extreme drought conditions and now we have fire ravaging the southwest.

Yesterday Los Alamos New Mexico (where I grew up and my family is) was evacuated .....18k people gone because of a fire that has grown 50 thousands acres in just 20 hours
…. It was just 11 years ago we lost 400 homes in Los Alamos to the Cerro Grande Fire that fire was only 48 thousand acres…it took a month to get that big….this Las Conchas Fire is extremely fast

.....Take a moment today and pray not just for fire victims but for all victims,….. During a very turbulent time in America with Mother Nature

Each day find something good in it.

sddesigns 06-28-2011 04:54 AM

Good Morning All! :)

Have a great day! :D

wildstang 06-28-2011 06:13 AM

Good morning and have a terrific Tuesday Indiana

scottzj 06-28-2011 06:26 AM

Good morning my FTE buddies!
Whew....monday is over, was a tough one, as everything went wrong......
But thanks Goodness the good Lord gives "do overs", as today is here.
Have a great day my friends! :):)

nebo 06-28-2011 06:42 AM

G 'mornin' folks!!!:-wink

nebo 06-28-2011 06:44 AM

That's a good positive attitude Scott. Thank you Lord for another day.:)

fz1dave 06-28-2011 07:31 AM

Happy Tuesday all! :-X21

sddesigns 06-28-2011 07:34 AM

Morning Dave, Wag, Scott, and Jim!

67nukeford 06-28-2011 07:42 AM

Good morning Indiana, happy Tuesday!