Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   EcoBoost (all engine sizes) (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum262/)
-   -   EB Care and Feeding (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1108044-eb-care-and-feeding.html)

powerstroke72 10-29-2011 12:20 PM

Bill, for what it's worth, you can get the Lariat with the front bench seat. Just something to think about.

skizzo 10-29-2011 12:35 PM

Thanks, I realize that. But the only 2011 Lariats that I (or any dealer) have been able to find with a bench seat are used V8s. The 2011s on lots have many combinations, but finding an EB Lariat with a bench seat on a lot has not turned up anything across a broad search. We talked about ordering something to a custom configuration, but decided we'd take advantage of the nice pricing/rebate packages available right now to clear out available 2011s. The XLTs are also really nice, especially well-equipped. Obviously, there are a lot of other variables in the decision beyond the seating, but no need to hijack this thread further down that road, since this is supposed to be about EB engines in particular.

I will be visiting your forum a lot more once I bring my truck home. I'm looking forward to it.

Bill.

powerstroke72 10-29-2011 12:38 PM

Okay...sounds good and I understand what you're saying on the incentives. Glad to have you aboard and best of luck with your truck.

johndeerefarmer 10-30-2011 09:34 AM

Tim

Your dealer is just trying to sell you more oil changes. Use the oil life indicator. That is what Ford put it there for. Mine has about 4200 miles and says 44% oil life left. if you follow that and the engine fails, Ford can't blame you.

When I change it I will go with Pennzoil Platinum.

Originally Posted by tseekins (Post 10940243)
Care and feeding? As previously stated, 5w-30 oil and a motorcraft filter. My dealer strongly recommends 5K changes even though the manual ambiguously states "up to 10K".

Kelvininin 12-19-2011 05:09 AM

Much like the trucks themselves the oils have advanced as well. Use the oil specified in whatever flavor you want, go by the oil life indicator and run with it. Ford is so confident and proud of their oil life indicator, that they designed the whole maintenance schedule around it. Manufacturers always error on the side of caution/conservatism. The actually oil life will be a lot longer than the indicator will show.

tseekins 12-19-2011 05:18 AM

Originally Posted by johndeerefarmer (Post 10979188)
Tim

Your dealer is just trying to sell you more oil changes. Use the oil life indicator. That is what Ford put it there for. Mine has about 4200 miles and says 44% oil life left. if you follow that and the engine fails, Ford can't blame you.

When I change it I will go with Pennzoil Platinum.

Originally Posted by Kelvininin (Post 11171134)
Much like the trucks themselves the oils have advanced as well. Use the oil specified in whatever flavor you want, go by the oil life indicator and run with it. Ford is so confident and proud of their oil life indicator, that they designed the whole maintenance schedule around it. Manufacturers always error on the side of caution/conservatism. The actually oil life will be a lot longer than the indicator will show.

Good points gentlemen. I'm at 4K on this change and my oil life indicator shows 70% oil life remaining. I was contemplating a change at 5K which would put me at about 7500 miles on the clock but I'm gonna wait and see how the oil life indicator looks with 7500 miles on the oil. I'm running MC 5-30 with MC filter.

D-mon 12-19-2011 08:04 PM

does the 2012 FX4 or all models come with an "Auto 4x4"

Brandon150 12-25-2011 01:46 AM

Originally Posted by D-mon (Post 11174147)
does the 2012 FX4 or all models come with an "Auto 4x4"

I've only seen "auto 4x4" in GM:-X18