Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   1973 - 1979 F-100 & Larger F-Series Trucks (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum38/)
-   -   lets see the supercabs!!! (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/720813-lets-see-the-supercabs.html)

bronkntrukholik 01-20-2010 07:20 PM

That is a sharp truck AirSmitty, I like the color combo! My '78 has the same set up as yours does, a thirsty machine, but fun to drive and turn heads!

ChaseTruck754 01-20-2010 07:27 PM

Originally Posted by AirSmitty (Post 8395780)
Diesel engines and 5+ speed transmissions are all the rage nowadays for towing.

And for good reason.

Just another reason for the cummins and 5 speed going in my truck;)

AirSmitty 01-20-2010 07:40 PM

Originally Posted by ChaseTruck754 (Post 8396871)
And for good reason.

Just another reason for the cummins and 5 speed going in my truck;)

Dang rich kids! haha. That would definitely solve my smog problems!

ChaseTruck754 01-21-2010 01:17 AM

Originally Posted by AirSmitty (Post 8396996)
Dang rich kids! haha. That would definitely solve my smog problems!

You're the one with an 06 diesel. I'm NOT rich - and although I may act like it most of the time - I'm NOT a kid anymore.
Believe it or not all of my builds are major budget builds - and I do ALL of the work myself. Instead of buying a new truck (which I think are all plastic POS's nowadays) I spend the $$ on making my old truck better than a newer one.
Sticker on a new stupd-doody is like $50k. My truck will be done for under $20k - it holds it's value better, looks better, works better as well and has a "unique" factor that buying a truck off the lot doesn't.

As for helping your smog - probably not here in smog nazi land.

Running a 73 truck instead of a 78 might though;)

lostinfords 01-21-2010 01:22 AM

[quote=ChaseTruck754;8398820]. I'm NOT rich - and although I may act like it most of the time - I'm NOT a kid anymore.
isn't that a pre-requisite to be a Cali resident????:)

new toy bought by the 'poor' folk on the east coast..:)
http://i47.tinypic.com/11bm8wo.jpg

ChaseTruck754 01-21-2010 01:25 AM

Naw. Most of us act like MORONS - not kids.

Just look at all the idiots over here taking voting and political advice from the hollywood types. Those fools get paid to pretend to be something they're not, and everybody worships them for it. I just don't get it.

lostinfords 01-21-2010 01:32 AM

Steve....this one is the candidate for the d60 f/e and either the d60 posi or the d70 rear...w/ just a little lift

airsmitty..sweet looking s/c!

ChaseTruck754 01-21-2010 01:39 AM

Originally Posted by lostinfords (Post 8398855)
Steve....this one is the candidate for the d60 f/e and either the d60 posi or the d70 rear...w/ just a little lift

airsmitty..sweet looking s/c!

That should be fun!

I know where to get a d70 cheap here - but it's a bit far away from you:-wink

Seeing all these supercabs makes me want to be done with my crew already so I can start the build on my super:'(

lostinfords 01-21-2010 01:50 AM

I have one in the 78 f350 parts crew cab..me too! ...w/ wanting to do the s/c...I have the crew apart to begin the resto, meanwhile I found and bought the s/c now I want to do this first..it runs great and I like the jump seats, which are a cool option now that the kids are bigger, had them in my 79 s/c but I changed them 11 yrs ago, now I got another s/c w/ the jumps...these aren't going this time...also trying to decide if I am going to remove and install the aftermarket a/c from my 79 s/c to the new toy or do the factory a/c install w/ cutting the f/w???

ChaseTruck754 01-21-2010 01:55 AM

Yeah - I want my crew done - but the supercab is new and exciting so I'm antsy to start the build on that. LOTS of 2" DOM tubing sitting here waiting to be turned into a roll cage:-X22

As for the AC - which works better? And why would you eally bother with factory air other than already having the parts? Aftermarket ones (or dealer installed) take up less space in the engine bay and you don't have to cut a huge honkin hole in the firewall.

And on that note - I'm done for the night. It's late here - I have no idea how you are still awake and farting around online on your side of the country!

lostinfords 01-21-2010 01:57 AM

Awake?? the secret of old age...less sleep required

AirSmitty 01-21-2010 02:05 AM

Originally Posted by ChaseTruck754 (Post 8398820)
You're the one with an 06 diesel. I'm NOT rich - and although I may act like it most of the time - I'm NOT a kid anymore.
Believe it or not all of my builds are major budget builds - and I do ALL of the work myself. Instead of buying a new truck (which I think are all plastic POS's nowadays) I spend the $$ on making my old truck better than a newer one.
Sticker on a new stupd-doody is like $50k. My truck will be done for under $20k - it holds it's value better, looks better, works better as well and has a "unique" factor that buying a truck off the lot doesn't.

As for helping your smog - probably not here in smog nazi land.

Running a 73 truck instead of a 78 might though;)

ha ha i was just joking with ya. I don't know why i call people kids, I do it to everyone. The 06 is my parents'. They got it while i wasn't watching, already lifted from the dealership! They know I woulda been all over them if I was there. They traded our 01 excursion and a 98 f150 on that thing, and they're paying a ton every month for it. I tell them all the time that my truck will be around in 30 years and theirs won't lol. It sure rides nice though.... and dana 60 front.... dang rich kids!

I'm just a bum college kid myself, didn't mean no disrespect. And for the smog, If you throw a diesel in an old truck won't it be smog exempt? Cali still doesn't smog 2010 diesels.

kwemj 67 01-21-2010 08:22 AM

Originally Posted by emeraldcoupe (Post 8395427)
nice truck! how many tanks to the mile do you get towing the camper? i'll be towing my mustang and my camper with mine.

That's what I'm using my truck for, is to haul my camper and my mustang too!. What year do you have?.

emeraldcoupe 01-21-2010 11:39 AM

Originally Posted by kwemj 67 (Post 8399390)
That's what I'm using my truck for, is to haul my camper and my mustang too!. What year do you have?.

86 notch. p headed 302 5 speed 3.73's. i have a 351 i'm going to build for it when funds allow, it will be a 408. should movr the car pretty good.

emeraldcoupe 01-21-2010 11:48 AM

just got back from checking out the truck and left him a deposit on it. it's a 78 2wd f350 ranger explorer sc, 400, c-6. factory air and cruise, bench in the back, dual tank longbox. got it for $1500. needs some bodywork-pass cab corner and there is some rust under the pass side drip rail. overall pretty solid truck. i'm happy. here's some pics
http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g8...pe/pics305.jpg
http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g8...pe/pics303.jpg
http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g8...pe/pics304.jpg