Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   1967 - 1972 F-100 & Larger F-Series Trucks (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum39/)
-   -   Buildup!! 06 crown vic front suspension into 67 F100 (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/716058-buildup-06-crown-vic-front-suspension-into-67-f100.html)

INKAHOOTZ 05-05-2008 04:03 PM

Thanks for the tips guys ! The cv front end is what Im trying to do and the maurader motor mounts maybe the way to go if I can find a set for cheap . I also have looked at several of the galleries that have covered this swap . ALL ARE VERY NICE RIDES . Hopefully I will learn to make a gallery and find the time to update one of these days . I have started a thread on the 64-66 forum (and several of your names have come up . thanks guys

72-F100-4V 05-05-2008 05:10 PM

Rock auto has new marauder motor mounts for about 50 bucks each.

carcrafter22 05-06-2008 04:22 PM

Well everyone sorry for the long delay I have been super busy, I am now in oklahoma working. I did manage to get a couple pics of the trailing arm mount I made before I came out here.I still want to box this design in to finish it but for now it will work. As always let me know what you think.

http://inlinethumb32.webshots.com/35...425x425Q85.jpg

http://inlinethumb28.webshots.com/59...425x425Q85.jpg

65fordman125 05-06-2008 07:32 PM

that looks simple enough you just got the brackets to level and then build a shim so they sit flush on the frame

carcrafter22 05-06-2008 09:54 PM

Yes that is exactly right. I loosened the nut on the back of the trailing arm so I could rotate the bracket then I made a plate out of 1/4" steel to weld to the frame then used 3/16th plate to reinforce it, and I also welded some nuts to the 1/4" plate so I could just use bolts to hole the trailing arm in place.

tankrsc 05-07-2008 05:49 PM

This looks awsome The only thing keeping m,e from going out to the salvage yards is the wheel offset. I would rather run a more stock looking wheel even if it a 16.

72-F100-4V 05-10-2008 10:55 AM

Originally Posted by tankrsc (Post 6128168)
This looks awsome The only thing keeping m,e from going out to the salvage yards is the wheel offset. I would rather run a more stock looking wheel even if it a 16.

Take a look on ebay for some stock steel wheels for the new style Charger or Magnum. They are black and have a stock look to them and are 17 inches. Plus they are cheap, like 14-30 bucks a wheel. Ive seen sets with tires go for 400. I dont know what the back spacing is on them or if they will work. But if carcrafter is able to get the chrome magnum wheels to fit, these steel ones shouldnt be a problem.

carcrafter22 05-10-2008 01:14 PM

if they fit the 05 and up dodge cars then they will work you will need to add a 1/4" spacer to the front wheels to clear the caliper though.

INKAHOOTZ 05-10-2008 05:59 PM

hey guys ,
its me again . i am probably buying the cv front end this week for my 66 . i have seen some maurader frontends instead of the crowns vics , are these the same except the spring rate ? and will the spring rate make that much differnce on a driver not a hauler ?(im using a 94 32 valve mod motor)
also is there any parts that i can use that i should make sure is on the front end when i pickup ? (besides , rack, a-frames, struts , springs , calipers , rotors ,aluminin cradle ) thanks rg

carcrafter22 05-10-2008 07:03 PM

that frontend will be fine. I would just make sure you explain that you want the complete unit, I explained in detail to the yard that I wanted them to unbolt the unit and include everything that is attached to the aluminum crossmember even a little of the brake lines and the 4 large frame mounting bolts. Also dont forget to get the shaft that goes from the steering column to the steering rack & pinion. You should have an alumium crossmember, Rack & pinion with steering joint attached, all susupension and braking components, sway bar with end links and all the nuts and bolts to hold everything together.

carcrafter22 05-10-2008 07:07 PM

Oh yeah I while I was there I would swipe a proportioning valve for you setup I went with a prop valve from an 02 crown vic since I am installing 4 wheel disc brakes on my truck. I would think something from an older truck(early to mid 90's) with front disk and rear drums would work if thats the setup you will have. I also chose to get a hydroboost brake booster instead of a vaccum assist booster while I was there since I got a better deal buying it all at once and hydroboost is much better than vaccum assist.

72-F100-4V 05-10-2008 10:07 PM

Dont forget the get the entire caliper brake line with bracket to frame. And the wheel speed sensor wires, just incase they will hook up to your mark 8 harness. Lug nuts if possible. Motor mounts if still attached. You also need the upper bracket that connects the frame to the cradle, the big frame bolts go through it at the top.

INKAHOOTZ 05-11-2008 07:21 AM

thanks guys , i will get everything this week . thanks rg

taintedspeed 05-11-2008 04:40 PM

what is the frame height on the crown vic? is it really the same as the pickup? i only wonder because of alignment possibilities. thanks -Randy:confused:

tankrsc 05-11-2008 06:02 PM

Just went back and re-read some of the first pages. CC22 You wouldn't happen to have a pic of the truck with the "steel cop wheels" on it would you? Did those wheels still take a dog-dish style hub cap?