Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   1994.5 - 1997 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum170/)
-   -   My first rebuild (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1313381-my-first-rebuild.html)

OldWoodsDiesel 10-08-2014 07:52 PM

Nick - did you blast up your accessory mounts? I haven't cleaned mine and may get lazy/impatient and not. I'll prob regret it, but I'm starting to want to cut corners on cosmetics.

And, That engines looking sweet!

ReBilld 10-08-2014 10:03 PM

How long you think until you're ready to drop it back in the truck?

sean9049 10-08-2014 10:07 PM

I knew I should've painted my valve covers when I had them out 😡

MOOSE_MACHINE 10-08-2014 11:35 PM

Yes I did blast them. I took them to someone else though. It would have taken me way to long.

MOOSE_MACHINE 10-08-2014 11:36 PM

Bill I am hoping I can get the time to drop it in this weekend. I have to go to the parts store for a couple small things and paint the frame then it can go in. I can't wait

ReBilld 10-08-2014 11:40 PM

Originally Posted by MOOSE_MACHINE (Post 14727322)
Bill I am hoping I can get the time to drop it in this weekend. I have to go to the parts store for a couple small things and paint the frame then it can go in. I can't wait

Sweet! I bet you can't wait. You've done a great job I think and I'm sure it will pay off. Got my fingers crossed for ya! :-X22

MOOSE_MACHINE 10-08-2014 11:49 PM

I'm getting ansy. I can't wait for that first crack of it coming to life

MOOSE_MACHINE 10-09-2014 07:21 AM

I need to know a good oil pressure port for the efuel switch. Where's a good spot

OldWoodsDiesel 10-09-2014 08:33 AM

i am having trouble picturing it my head, but i know there's one on the oil filter/cooler mount. i believe there's just one pipe plug and its on the pressure side of the oil filter. i have a picture of it somewhere in my engine rebuild thread. i'll try to dig it up and link it here.

the plug on top of the HPOP reservoir would as well, but i believe its an O-Ring-Boss plug, so you'd need an adapter, assuming your pressure switch is NPT.

and by the by - do you mind sharing the oil pressure switch you'll be using. i need to get working on the electronics of my efuel setup soon!

MOOSE_MACHINE 10-09-2014 08:59 AM

I think your right on the filter head. There is a brass pipe plug there. I'll get the part numbe for you when I pick up the switch. I think I have a Holley number in my phone that I will get as well

oldbird1965 10-09-2014 09:27 AM

I got the wiring harness from Strictly Diesel and the pressure switch starting leaking after only a month. They told me to get a Carquest ECC 53-33507.

MOOSE_MACHINE 10-09-2014 02:00 PM

Talk about one thing after another. I painted the pillar pod a while ago and just realized now that it is not obs. I should have checked before but anyways. I'll just order one from the local parts store. Not interested in paying more shipping and duty for stuff I already paid it on. Plus I can just head down there and exchange it if it's wrong. And now my pressure washer won't start. Next please :/

ReBilld 10-09-2014 07:43 PM

Originally Posted by MOOSE_MACHINE (Post 14727890)
I think your right on the filter head. There is a brass pipe plug there. I'll get the part numbe for you when I pick up the switch. I think I have a Holley number in my phone that I will get as well

Yep, that 1/8" brass pipe plug on the filter head is the best place to put the oil pressure switch. On my DIY e-fuel I used a Standard PS64 switch.

MOOSE_MACHINE 10-09-2014 10:54 PM

Well JP. I was having a hard time finding anything for a reasonable price around here. I ended up with a stewart warner switch. I've always known them to be of good quality so I paid the price. The one bill mentions is what I would go with if it wasn't for shipping. I can give you the SW number if you like but it was triple what Amazon sells bills for

MOOSE_MACHINE 10-11-2014 06:44 PM

So how many people have reinstalled a motor with the five speed still in the truck and cab on and how did you do it.