Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   Illinois Chapter (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum122/)
-   -   Where are you? (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/119750-where-are-you.html)

kc0rey 10-31-2004 08:41 PM

Originally Posted by dPrasse01
a geek with cameras , video recorders and scanners hanging around railroad tracks watching trains ;)

I work at the Galesburg BNSF Yard. Wanna buy some pictures? LOL
:D

Oh yeah! I have gloves, safety glasses and other stuff that was left in my truck.
I also have a Motorola Radio (MT1000) that was purchased legally. LOL :D

With the radio you could talk to them.

Seriously, if you need some frequencies let me know.

Ggg6 10-31-2004 10:58 PM

Hey KcOrey what do those HT1000'S go for? I am looking for one, although I do not need it for R/R frequencies.
dPrasse01 welcome from Rockford.
Fastronald I will not be able to make the Nov. mtg.

bDavidb 10-31-2004 11:25 PM

R.R. fans!

Trains....I love 'em. My Grandfather was an Engineer for the C&NW for his entire working life. I used to take the train from Chicago to Crystal Lake on the weekends, and was fascinated at the double-deckers, and most certainly by the toilets. My uncle (Eddie) was just a year older than I was, and we would spend a good hour or so looking down through the toilet at the tracks wizzing by, and considering all the possibilities that could happen if your timing was just right and you crossed over a bridge!!!

My other Uncle and Ed's brother Ben always got the newest Lionel set, with the best bells and whistles. We got them too, but usually broke them quickly. Well, not Uncle Ben, he took care of them and kept them in the boxes. About a month ago we were driving through Crystal Lake and went by the train station and started to talk about the 'Good Old days". I asked about his train sets, and he just said gruffly- "Don't worry about MY trains, there in good shape!". Well......he has about 10 old Lionel Train sets, in the boxes. The best with all the bells and whistles from the late 50's through the mid sixties.

Anyway, I got sidetracked. My point is that trains have always been a big part of my life, and all of our young family members get a train ride from Crystal Lake to Chicago and back as soon as they are old enough to remember and appreciate it. Either from Uncle Ben or myself. That's when we tell them about Great Grandpa and how he used to drive the trains.

kc0rey 11-01-2004 12:28 AM

Originally Posted by Ggg6
Hey KcOrey what do those HT1000'S go for? I am looking for one, although I do not need it for R/R frequencies.
dPrasse01 welcome from Rockford.
Fastronald I will not be able to make the Nov. mtg.

I bought mine with Speaker Mic and drop in fast charger for $250 on the Batwings site. I bought it because my radio at work did not operate properly and nobody wanted to do anything about it. Since then, They have given me a new radio and this one sets at home. :(

Wanna buy it? Make me an offer........

dPrasse01 11-02-2004 08:03 AM

Tanks for the Welcome from Rockford ..I am there regularly , guess we can meet up some time ...

"Talk" to the engineers ?? That would be fun , for , what , 5 minutes till they tracked me down and arrested me ??? Since 9/11 , railroads have been alot less friendly to us train geeks ...unless they know you as a "regular" ...

kc0rey 11-02-2004 09:52 AM

Originally Posted by dPrasse01
Tanks for the Welcome from Rockford ..I am there regularly , guess we can meet up some time ...

"Talk" to the engineers ?? That would be fun , for , what , 5 minutes till they tracked me down and arrested me ??? Since 9/11 , railroads have been alot less friendly to us train geeks ...unless they know you as a "regular" ...

Things must be bad for the railroad employees. Some guys came on the yard this morning to repo somebodies truck and they were looking at the Fords. They saw me and another guy watching and decided that they should come talk to me. I ran them off. BNSF property is private and posted with No Trespassing signs everywhere. They did not belong. I hope that guy makes his truck payment soon. The repo guys were angry.

kc0rey 11-02-2004 10:00 AM

I have become a bit of a "railfan" myself. I was a truckdriver for 20 years and hated the railroad with a passion. Now I like the folks I work with as I have found most are very good people, I have also found the technology involved to be amazing.

Ggg6 11-03-2004 12:15 PM

kcOrey I will pm you on the radio. I am interested. I want it for work too, we do not have enough radios for everyone. It can get real dangerous without one in my line of work.

kc0rey 11-03-2004 03:01 PM

Originally Posted by Ggg6
kcOrey I will pm you on the radio. I am interested. I want it for work too, we do not have enough radios for everyone. It can get real dangerous without one in my line of work.

OK

What line of work are you in?

snasby 11-20-2004 06:43 AM

New here

I am in Belvidere Ill have a 96 ranger 4x4 ext cab 4.0 and think this group is great ( what every ford truck owner needs)
Steve

dPrasse01 11-20-2004 07:16 AM

Welcome fellow Northerner !
I was in your town at the rodeo during the county fair ....

2002 F350V10 11-25-2004 12:05 PM

nw side if chicago

tofer76 11-27-2004 12:20 AM

i know im in ia but i was born in canton and i grew up it carthage and i stilol have family in canton and farmington and am going to be in canton on sat th 18 of dec for a fam x mas and thought what would be good is a map of il with stick pins where members are located at i like to com get together with anyone who is interested

catfishcletis 11-28-2004 08:36 PM

hey im new here and on my first post. hope this is as good as it looks. im also from dekalb.

dPrasse01 11-28-2004 09:48 PM

hi cletis !
went thru Dekalb on wednesday night with a truck and trailer, after going thru the blizzard .... 6 hours from Gary to Aurora ... 15 mph was speeding in that mess ...