Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   6.7L Power Stroke Diesel (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum205/)
-   -   This is prolly a 1 page thread at most (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1183425-this-is-prolly-a-1-page-thread-at-most.html)

Tomahawk 03-11-2014 08:33 PM

Originally Posted by GIGGER (Post 14155084)
Gavin, What if you use a second ''drop down'' pitman arm on the box to straighten out the angle of the short tie rod joints

measure twice & cut once, it looks like a lot of offset, good luck bro

I was lookin at yer pic from before & one drop down pitman arm should be fine on the spindle end
http://i1197.photobucket.com/albums/..._/DSC_5071.jpg

I should have enough offset either way, I just gotta decide if I want to spend the extra money and not make it look like a hack job.

Originally Posted by Chad149 (Post 14155108)
I'm sure you can make it look good Gavin. You going for stock look or is crossover steering not practical? (Sorry if you've covered this already:-X19)

The problem is the odd ball closed knuckle axle I have, there are no aftermarket parts for it. They were used on F250 crew cabs from '73 to '75. PO2 hacked up the steering arm instead of getting a drop pitman arm or an offset drag link when he added the lift. If I had an open knuckle D60 I would prolly do a crossover.

SavageNFS 03-11-2014 08:40 PM

I know you will make the right choice, but you haven't hacked it up so far. You have fixed hacked stuff though :)

Jigger2020 03-11-2014 10:07 PM

Maybe a good nights sleep will help make thing more clear Gavin,

have a good night gang

Tomahawk 03-11-2014 10:49 PM

Originally Posted by SavageNFS (Post 14155394)
I know you will make the right choice, but you haven't hacked it up so far. You have fixed hacked stuff though :)

After this, I will be done with all of PO2' goodness. :-X03:-X03:-X03

Tomahawk 03-11-2014 10:51 PM

Originally Posted by GIGGER (Post 14155748)
Maybe a good nights sleep will help make thing more clear Gavin,

have a good night gang

Yes sir, I will try.
Nite nite.

Tim Young 03-11-2014 10:58 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Had an exciting afternoon, got a call from a neighbor about 12:30 telling me that one of the other neighbors had let a fire get out of control. Luckily the wind was in our favor and was blowing the fire up the hill and away from our place. Here are a couple of photos from around 3:30, burned mostly grass and brush there was at least one large pine tree get torched.

Attachment 237726

Attachment 237727

Here is a photo a little later maybe 6:30 dying down and still going the other way.

Attachment 237728

SavageNFS 03-11-2014 11:21 PM

That's scary stuff Tim...
On a trip to South Dakota we saw several wild fires that did a lot of damage. I hate seeing them. I'm glad this one was relatively minor :)

RxSd2013 03-12-2014 05:27 AM

:-wink Morning 1 pagers!! Glad no one was injured Tim and no property damage either :-X22 Back from Vegas and no, I did not win it big:-arrgh But we all did have a great time!! Glad to be home and looking forward to finishing up the man cave today! :-drink
Have a great day gang! :-wink

Hdslider 03-12-2014 05:36 AM

Good morning gang.

Tim. Glad the fire didn't turn into a nightmare. And all is safe.

Gavin. All I could say you have been correcting butchered mess. No need to stop now. A perfectionist just gets better.

Jigger2020 03-12-2014 05:54 AM

Morning guys, welcome back Rx, Tim glad that worked out OK

Howdy Paul

have a good day y'all

SavageNFS 03-12-2014 07:36 AM

Good morning Rex, Paul and Gerry! Glad you made it home safely Rex. Paul, how's that ankle doing today? Gerry, what is the very fist mod you are going to do to the new truck? Are you going to put a part from the '06 or are you going to do something else before some of those parts make it on the truck?

Jigger2020 03-12-2014 07:53 AM

S you must have known I am buying stuff already, I got Putco clear roof light lenses w amber bulbs, I'm lookin at this grille, its the same a Pam's (2horses) only without the emblem,
PartsTrain.com - Hard to Find Auto Parts and Truck Parts -

this light for between the tow hooks, not sure how long I need yet, can you suggest a better light
http://www.ebay.com/itm/121195881097?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

SavageNFS 03-12-2014 08:06 AM

I think the light between the tow hooks needs to be 20" if you plan on using the Rigid mount. I have not looked too much into that option because of Wisconsin's front license plate requirement. I don't need to give them an easy reason to pull me over :)

As far as the light is concerned...I'm a fan of Rigid and Baja Designs, but I don't want to pay for them :). I think any of the other brands are china made and that's ok, but just find the best deal you can and hope for the best. If it fails, it's not a big cash out kind of a deal. Kind of like DDM tuning for HID's.

That grill is nice. It looks great on Pam's truck and I'm sure it will look great on yours. Did you go factory prep for the 5th wheel or what are you doing there?

Jigger2020 03-12-2014 08:21 AM

We run the front plate up here too, I was gonna lower the plate so its over the valance sorta, but still bolted to the lower bumper plate holes.... that mod is a ''wait n see''

Yes factory 5th prep plus I ordered the 18K Ford hitch as well, so I'll be ready to go

720Deere 03-12-2014 08:44 AM

Originally Posted by GIGGER (Post 14156619)
We run the front plate up here too, I was gonna lower the plate so its over the valance sorta, but still bolted to the lower bumper plate holes.... that mod is a ''wait n see''

Yes factory 5th prep plus I ordered the 18K Ford hitch as well, so I'll be ready to go

I have thought about doing the same thing. I'm in no hurry so I will be watching for your solution!

By the time my 2011 arrived, I had all the Recon lights, B&W Turnover Ball gooseneck hitch, Weathertech mats and AMP Power Steps waiting in the garage. I picked her up on a Tuesday night and by lunch time Saturday everything was installed. I knew that if I didn't act fast on accessories while the wife was still woozy from the truck purchase, I would have to wait a long time. :-X19