Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   1980 - 1986 Bullnose F100, F150 & Larger F-Series Trucks (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum37/)
-   -   What have you done to your truck today? (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1004055-what-have-you-done-to-your-truck-today.html)

KsCop 11-07-2014 04:34 PM

Yep, it's funny. They slow down and then they see it's a decommissioned vehicle or one from another jurisdiction and then they speed up.

I'll be painting it in the spring; I'm thinking triple black..

VOTR 1962 11-07-2014 04:51 PM

Today i replaced he cat converter on my truck .its still as slow as a tortoise.

ArdWrknTrk 11-07-2014 04:59 PM

1,000 pages!!!
Yay!

Tim, put some nonsense stickers on it and leave it black and white. }>

Do you get to keep all the goodies? :D

ArdWrknTrk 11-07-2014 05:05 PM

Originally Posted by VOTR 1962 (Post 14802327)
Today i replaced he cat converter on my truck .its still as slow as a tortoise.

Welcome to the forum! :-wink

Tell us more about your truck.

ArdWrknTrk 11-07-2014 05:06 PM

Tim,
Leave the drain plug loose on the Pathetica. :-X22

bruno2 11-08-2014 08:07 AM

I like the K9 cage! }>

I may put one of those in the Bronco. :D

Gary Lewis 11-08-2014 08:19 AM

Originally Posted by bruno2 (Post 14803477)
I like the K9 cage! }>

I may put one of those in the Bronco. :D

For Kris? ;)

KsCop 11-08-2014 05:32 PM

If you see the cost of such a cage, you may think twice.. It's about as much as I paid for the vehicle.

The only 'goodies' I got to keep was the cage. I had to get a salvage center console (will paint it) as well as the overhead console.

I also have the famous '02 Explorer Rear Plastic Crack' but have a replacement panel on order.

The rear end has a little whine, but I'm hoping a fluid change will take care of it..

RL250 11-08-2014 07:37 PM

Originally Posted by KsCop (Post 14802291)
Yep, it's funny. They slow down and then they see it's a decommissioned vehicle or one from another jurisdiction and then they speed up.

I'll be painting it in the spring; I'm thinking triple black..

I recommend a nice black powder coat on the K9 kennel pieces. That way, your triple black interior will hold up to a lot of claw scratches. We only have one dog, but if you have a lot, then it would last longer.

ION: I got the new ARP head bolts installed, along with Fel-Pro head gaskets and Mr Gasket header gaskets. I opted for the upgraded header gaskets. I need to resupply all my fluids. Once that's done, I'll re-crank it and verify my repair. BTW: I do not recommend re-using head bolts on an untouched engine again. Most of our engines (and older) are at that point where metal fatigue is going to set in.

Keep Wrenching.

RL250 11-08-2014 07:40 PM

Originally Posted by ArdWrknTrk (Post 14802349)
1,000 pages!!!
Yay!

Tim, put some nonsense stickers on it and leave it black and white. }>

Do you get to keep all the goodies? :D

Red, White, and Blue pinstripe with department badge on the fender? Classy, and gives a nod to both the owner's current employment and the truck's previous employment.

arazu 11-08-2014 08:31 PM

I dropped the mid tank because the hose was horribly kinked and I couldn't reach the clamps. I have a filler neck from an 87 that I understand will allow me to trickle fuel in even faster. Tomorrow that is going to be installed. Is a giant amount of cork between the tank and the underside of the bed normal?

I'm also working on the tailgate latch. A previous owner neglected to drop the gate when he pulled out from under his 5th wheel. Nothing about the latch worked properly. I was trying to jury rig something, got a little carried away with the welder, and burnt a rod in half. I got lucky at the yard and picked up an entire assembly. It's just waiting to be cleaned and installed.

P.S. I changed the belts too.

Gary Lewis 11-08-2014 08:51 PM

Cork? I've never seen cork between the tank and the bed on these.

arazu 11-08-2014 08:58 PM

Originally Posted by Gary Lewis (Post 14804841)
Cork? I've never seen cork between the tank and the bed on these.

A sheet of thin cork folded up between the tank and underbed. It seemed like someone wasn't sure what they were doing. There was also cork on the mounting straps. I thought that might be there to prevent the metal strap from damaging the plastic tank. I'm getting the feeling that's not supposed to be there either. =\

ctubutis 11-08-2014 09:04 PM

Cork? Never seen that....

arazu 11-08-2014 09:17 PM

Originally Posted by ctubutis (Post 14804884)
Cork? Never seen that....

It seems I'll be removing it from the support straps too then.

A previous owner of this truck did some very strange things. I was planning on taking pictures of the truck tomorrow and telling what I know about it in the introduction thread.