09-29-2009 until 10-30-2020
Here are the for sale forum rules, read them and heed them.
New Policy Regarding Access To Private Messaging, Ability To Post Classified Ads And Adding A Signature
FTE no longer requires members to have passed the 25 post mark in order to access these features of the site. These features will now be available to all who have more than 5 posts and 10 days as a registered member of the community.
- We are not responsible!
We provide these classifieds as a service which is free to you to utilize and we (FTE/Ford-Trucks, Internet Brands and its moderators/administrators/employee's) are not responsible for dealings throughout the forum with other members and/or sponsors of the forum. We encourage you to utilize the advice listed in item 4 to prevent the possibility of a bad dealing, but again we remind you we are not responsible for the outcome if it is less than pleasant
- Standard guidelines. Ford-Trucks site guidelines also apply to the Marketplace.
- No commercial posting. If you are a business, or you represent a business or you are utilizing Ford-Trucks for the purposes of promoting/soliciting for your business you are welcome to Contact us for advertising.
Ford-Trucks is able to keep its e-door's open and pay for its substantial bandwidth and F-650 sized computer that stores everything by the support of its paying vendors, so your cooperation is appreciated.
While we want you to be able to utilize the classifieds to find hard to find parts and trade amongst your fellow FTE buddies we may contact you if we feel your utilization of the classifieds is more than personal in nature, (for example we find that you are parting out a number of trucks on a continual basis.)
Commercial posting includes offering services (i.e. I can paint your truck.)
- Be careful!
Sadly it is easy to get swindled over the Internet, but utilize some common sense and it will reduce the likelihood of this occurring. Some general things to look out for:
- Person will not give you a phone number, and wants to only deal with you over the Internet
- Person will not deal in person
- Person wants you to make payment to a different name
- Person wants to do a trade
- Person wants to send you a check for the item.
- Person has very low post count, and does not work with you to get you comfortable i.e. by furnishing references or a phone number
- Person will not answer your questions in detail
- Person has negative feedback in the Feedback Forum
- If you cannot deal in person (and we recommend you utilize cash when dealing in person), utilize an intermediate payment service which offers a dispute resolution service such as paypal
- General advice for posting in the classifieds
- Describe the vehicle and part appropriately and accurately to the best of your knowledge, if there is damage to the part/vehicle describe it and post photos of it, a buyer is more inclined to do dealings with an honest person, and it is much better than having a dispute after the transaction has taken place because the buyer received the part/vehicle in a condition that wasn't as advertised.
- You may put up eBay links if you put in a short description of the item(s) in the body of your ad.
- Check your ad frequently. Please post what items are sold and close the ad.
- In general, please try to sell items that are ready to ship. If the items are still on a vehicle, please note that. Boxing up an item before posting an ad works great, note that and you may get quick responses.
- Pictures gets deals done fast. Check our our album feature for parts, and it can make it easy to sell a vehicle if you already have your details (and photos) in our garage.
- As always, buyer beware! If you think something is too good to be true, then it probably is. If the seller makes you uncomfortable, walk away. Don’t be afraid to ask for references. Ask for moderator or administrator references, or members with high post counts that may know the user.
- Need pics? Ask for them.
- Dibs? Rather than ask for dibs, just tell the buyer you want to buy the item for sure. Be decisive or you might miss out.
- Got questions? Ask them. But don’t ask three or four rounds of questions you might miss out. Sometimes an item will get sold to someone else who was more organized and more decisive.
- Buying a big-ticket item and have some concerns? Get a cell number or phone number, and talk to the seller on the phone.
We have intentionally made our classifieds as discussion forums to encourage participation from our members and make it easy to perform transactions. That said, we have some restrictions/suggestions on that.
- Follow the guidelines here.
- If in your opinion something is overpriced or in poor condition or you felt that the poster could have used Halogen 3X lights when taking the photo as you are having difficulty making out the brand name of his distributor wires... either keep it to yourself, contact the user privately politely via PM, or if you feel it may be worthwhile to the Ford-Trucks community you may post politely in the thread, such as: "I wondered if you had any pics of your truck?", "Can you take less?" etc. rather than, "Hey dude, that's insulting...you're mother must be a hairy leper if you think anyone's gonna pay that much!"
- Access denied
Based on a users utilization of the marketplace area on Ford-Trucks (or Ford-Trucks in general), the moderators/administrators may restrict a users account to not be able to access the marketplace area and/or ford-trucks as is seen fit if it is determined by the moderators/administrators that this users participation is not in the best interest of the ford-trucks community.
We may also remove adverts/comments/feedback that we feel violate the guidelines of the site and/or are not seen as being in the general best interest of the Ford-Trucks community.
If you have any questions about your service being denied, or about an advert/comment being removed, please contact a moderator or administrator privately.
List of moderators and admins.
- Prohibited items
We do not allow the trade/sale or purchase of items that are illegal, or may have legal implications in their transaction. These include but are not limited to the following:
- Obscene Material
- Weapons and related items, including but not limited to firearms, disguised, undetectable or switchblade knives, martial arts weapons, scopes, silencers, ammunition, ammunition magazines, BB guns, tear gas or stun guns.
- Items issued to United States Armed Forces that have not been disposed of in accordance with Department of Defense demilitarization policies.
- Fireworks, including but not limited to "safe and sane" fireworks or any destructive devices or explosives.
- Controlled substances or illegal drugs, substances and items used to manufacture controlled substances and drug paraphernalia.
- Alcohol or tobacco products.
- Prescription drugs and medical devices, including but not limited to prescription or contact lenses, defibrillators, hypodermic needles or hearing aids.
- Nonprescription drugs.
- Blood, bodily fluids or body parts.
- Household pets of any kind including but not limited to dogs, cats, primates, cage birds, rodents, reptiles, amphibians, fish.
- Pet animal parts, blood, or fluids - including but not limited to stud/breeding service
- Plants and insects.
- Pesticides or hazardous substances, or items containing hazardous substances including but not limited to paints/oils/fluids containing toxic substances without an appropriate warning label.
- Illegal telecommunications equipment, including but not limited to police radio's
- Stolen property, or property with serial number removed or altered.
- Burglary tools, including but not limited to motor vehicle master keys
- False identification cards, items with police insignia etc.
- Counterfeit currency, coins and stamps, tickets, as well as equipment designed to make them.
- Counterfeit, replica, or knock-off brand name goods.
- Material that infringes copyright, including but not limited to software or other digital goods you are not authorized to sell, warez, bootlegs (without consent of the band).
- Airline tickets that restrict transfer, and tickets of any kind which you are not authorized to sell.
- Coupons or gift cards that restrict transfer, and coupons or gift cards which you are not authorized to sell.
- Gambling items, including but not limited to lottery tickets, sports trading card 'grab bags', raffle tickets, sweepstakes entries or slot machines.
- Used or rebuilt batteries, or batteries containing mercury.
- Used bedding and clothing, unless sanitized in accordance with law.
- Non-packaged food items or adulterated food.
- Bulk email or mailing lists that contain names, addresses, phone numbers, or other personal identifying information
- You may not sell anything on behalf of anyone else.
Simple, if its not yours don't try and sell it, this goes for trying to pimp your grandma's fully sweet AMC Gremlin.
Bumping or "TTT" (To the top) may only occur once per listing per day. This includes "Payment sent", "Received Payment" and general chatter and getting your buddies to bump the thread on your behalf.
We have created a feedback forum which we encourage you to utilize for the purposes of providing feedback on good/bad/indifferent transactions. Please note this ain't the complaint department and we encourage you to take appropriate legal action if you feel you have been slighted. This feedback forum has its own rules - which can be found here
- We are not responsible!
See point 1.
Please note that these guidelines may be edited or updated as we see necessary for the improvement of our service to the Ford-Trucks community.
IB Tim 9-2012
tim.lamkin@internetbrands dot com
Life is not only time……paradoxically, it is the denial of time!
What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.
When you are down...look up...get up...and don't ever give up....
Participate In The Forums
Create new posts and participate in discussions. It's free!
Sign Up »