Conversation Between ClydeSDale and Ken Blythen
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 2 of 2
  1. Ken Blythen
    04-09-2011 12:12 AM - permalink
    Thanks Roger.

Between the combination of my 3.54 axle, hilly terrain, & a 60mph speed limit, I don't use OD.
    At .67:1 the truck needs to be traveling @75+ mph for rpms to be comfortable.
    So I'm gaining durability going to a C6 (plus a little converter slippage). IMO the AOD should never have found it's way into the heavier models.

Over here we're paying around equivalent to $US 6.55/US gal for 95 octane.
    I don't need to do a high annual mileage, but it still stings filling both tanks.

The C6 I'm going to use has been checked over & is still in good condition - presumably rebuilt, but not knowing it's history I've pretty much decided to stick with the year-correct fluid (Mercon/Dexron III) until I do have to rebuild it; then go synthetic like you.

Enjoy the vacation Roger & thanks again!

All the best,
    Ken
  2. Ken Blythen
    04-03-2011 02:28 PM - permalink
    Hi Roger

I've read several posts of your C6/towing experience & wondered if you can give me some advice?
    I am replacing the AOD in my F250 with a 1978 C6 - the year after Type F fluid was replaced by Mercon in the C4 & C6 transmissions.

Do you have any thoughts on using Type F instead of Mercon in this (later) trans? The net is full of casual comments but.......
    Thanks very much.

Ken