Conversation Between Pkupman82 and vacopper
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 2 of 2
  1. Pkupman82
    02-21-2012 10:08 PM - permalink
    I had that very same problem with my 96 F150. It turned out to be the IAC or Idle Air Control valve. It was a bit pricey I think around 60 or 70 dollars, but it completely cleared up the problem. Hope that helps!
  2. vacopper
    02-11-2012 09:56 PM - permalink
    I am not very familiar with Ford fuel injection, as most of the vehicles I have owned are carbureted. I have a 96 F150 with the fuelie 300 six, with MAF. As the weather has gotten hotter I have noticed the truck is starting much harder than it did when it was cooler outside. The engine turns over fine, but I have had to crank it 2 or 3 times before it starts. Sometimes when I try to start it, it will spit and spudder and barely hold an idle. Sometimes it will stall out, sometimes it will rev up to the normal idle speed. If I step on the accelerator to keep it running it makes no difference. Typically when this happens I get a strong raw fuel smell once it starts. Can any one give me some insight on what could be wrong here? BTW once the engine starts, it purrs like a kitten.

Did you ever find out what caused this, mine is doing the same thing