Conversation Between nevrenufhp and CF LN7000
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 7 of 7
  1. nevrenufhp
    10-29-2014 11:07 PM - permalink
    Like a bittersweet victory. At least it's up and running again.
  2. CF LN7000
    10-25-2014 12:34 PM - permalink
    So I made the reapirs to my 6.6 a few weeks ago. I rolled rods and mains into it. All of the mains were into the copper. Rods were ok, and the crank looked good. With that, I think that was the source of the copper in the sample. I was able to source some NOS o-rings for the cooler. When I re sealed it, one o-ring came off in about 5 pieces, and was pretty cracked. I am pretty certain that with the cold weather, that o ring would let some coolant weep by. I think I will monitor the oil, and If it decides to repeat last year, I will just drain it out. Sadly, I also found a bunch of hard parts in the pan. I'm assuming from the air compressor, as it has a newer one on it. The parts I found just didnt fit as engine pieces, but probably were from a catastrophic failure from the compressor. I also found was a 3/4 inch section of oil ring that fits the circumfrence of the engine cylinder. Other then a little smoke, it runs happy, and I'm happy with it.
    Thanks Dale.

Ricky
  3. nevrenufhp
    08-21-2014 07:20 PM - permalink
    I would try LKQ, they are all over the country, and they will find you one.
  4. CF LN7000
    08-20-2014 09:38 PM - permalink
    Hey there. So I finally got around to pulling a sample out of my truck. Came back hot for coolant. I had my guy call his buddy at the lab and try and make heads or tails of the numbers of the data. He said, becasue of the high level of copper in the sample, he would lean towards a cooler. Which would make sense, since I had the head checked and decked when I replaced the head gasket. So there enlies my next question. Where the hell do I find a cooler for the 6.6 Brazilian motor? With copper in it, I would say its probably past just a re seal. Probably the tubes are junk. I am going to try and get one from the local Sterling dealer who has a couple old bucks there that remember the Louisville line and see where that gets me. I've searched google and really havent found any leads on just a cooler. Any thoughts on where to snag a reman or new one? Thanks

Ricky
  5. CF LN7000
    05-26-2014 08:58 PM - permalink
    And when I take it on its first few trips when the roads are salt free, it has heavy blowby coming from the road draft tube and will actually make a puddle of pure water on the ground when it sits idling. And eventually after I use it for a couple weeks, the heavy blow by is gone and the puddles are no more. I will let you know what the oil sample says. I think I am going to wait about a month of use before I pull one.
  6. nevrenufhp
    05-26-2014 04:13 PM - permalink
    That is odd.
    Yes, the white goo is typical moisture.
    See what the oil sample says first.
  7. CF LN7000
    05-23-2014 09:13 PM - permalink
    I have a 6.6 with a yearly problem. 2 years ago I lost a gal of coolant in the tank and gained it in the base. NP, I changed the head gasket and had the head checked and planed. Ran it that year, no problems. Parked it last year and it gained 2 qt in the base but I had cold water leaks. I fixed the leaks, changed the oil, and ran it for the summer. No issues. Come this year. I gained 2-3 qt in the base, and had more cold water leaks. I also had a white goo in the rocker cover last year and this year. I almost think its condesation from the New England winters. I plan on sending out an oil sample in a few weeks to confirm. It doesnt use coolant in the summer. And it doesnt make any goo when I am using it. Only when it sits for the winter. What are your thoughts. Thanks