Conversation Between gfburke and james77f150
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 4 of 4
  1. gfburke
    01-14-2016 06:55 PM - permalink
    You just need one? Send me your address on PM here.
    or burke1 @gmail
  2. james77f150
    01-13-2016 10:12 AM - permalink
    Thanks for the info. If you have an extra one laying around I'd def be interested in it. I haven't had a chance to run to the JY yet and when I was there the last time, I don't remember seeing too many dents. Let me know how much you want for it. I live in PA. Thanks again.
  3. gfburke
    01-11-2016 12:58 AM - permalink
    Hey man. That little rubber bumper 'nipple' thing they sell is useless. I'm not even sure what the purpose is, it doesn't 'spring' the door when you open it. If you look in that second pic, you can see how the real setup is mounted behind my hand. It's that plastic / flat piece, then the spring goes behind it like that. I have many now that I just collected from the junkyard if you need any.
  4. james77f150
    01-07-2016 02:52 PM - permalink
    Hey gfburke, I was searching on the forum for the same glove box spring retainer/bumper thing. I'm missing the spring and bumper on mine so I'm not exactly sure what it should look like. But in your post https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1...retainers.html, I get slightly confused on what is supposed to be there. I saw on LMC and DC the rubber bumpers that they sell for the glove box (I'm guessing the same ones you bought in the second picture of your thread). I don't know if you tried it or not, but does the rubber bumper sit inside the spring? So the back end of the spring would be sandwiched in between the bumper and dash. then the other end of the spring would actually make contact with the glove box lid when you close it. Hopefully you get what I mean. Thanks for any help.

-Jim