Conversation Between Fraree and Scott at Superchips
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 4 of 4
  1. Fraree
    01-10-2014 06:24 AM - permalink
    Back again, I've checked the 12 volt outlets, reconnected them both but only one works. I've checked in the fuse bank for the fuse for the 12 volt outlet (OBII port) but found there is no fuse or anything to fit one into. This vehicle was a 5/99 incomplete vehicle exported to Australia to be set up for Ambulance duty & complied in 9/2001
    My question is, which wire could I put power to on the plug under the dash, to power up the 1705 tuner? Or any ideas how to supply power to the tuner?
    Regards. Russ
  2. Fraree
    11-22-2013 01:24 AM - permalink
    Thanks Scott, funnily both cigarette lighters (we call them 12 volt outlets in the politically correct world) are not functioning, so that's the best reason for it not working.
  3. Scott at Superchips
    11-20-2013 01:14 PM - permalink
    If it doesn't power up at all you have probably blown your cigarette lighter fuse. The data port takes power from that fuse and will be dead until a new fuse has been installed. Hope that helps answer your question.

Scott
  4. Fraree
    11-16-2013 05:33 PM - permalink
    Hi Scott, are you the man to ask about a 1705 max micro tuner. It's a used unit from a mate who had a 7.3 PSD. Would it be Vin locked, as after plugging it in to my truck, nothing happens !
    Thanks Russ