Conversation Between old ugly and 52 Merc
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 2 of 2
  1. 52 Merc
    10-15-2010 11:34 AM - permalink
    Thank you, Old Ugly, for the information. That's facinating stuff! I would love it if you could send copies of whatever info you find. Your diligence is greatly appreciated.
    Wayne
  2. old ugly
    10-15-2010 12:15 AM - permalink
    hi 52 Merc from old ugly. i'm new to this site and to computers so please have patience. while browsing around i came across your post about Micks Moving & Storage. as i am in vernon, b.c. i found it interesting. as my 87 yr. old father in law was born here and lived here all his life my wife asked if he remembered Micks. he said yes and fell asleep. wife asked her mother, she also remembers but is 86 so a bit foggy. wife did a bit of research at the library and found them listed in 1951 (year i was born) city directory and also in 1952 Vernon's Diamond Jubilee Book. there was nothing in the 1948 directory and nothing in the 1957 directory so they started business sometime before 51 and ended prior to 57. as time permits will keep looking. if i can figure out how to send copies to you i will do so, i'll probably need daughter in laws help for this one. hope this of help, old ugly.