Conversation Between Jaybird51 and 51PanelMan
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 2 of 2
  1. 51PanelMan
    08-15-2012 09:53 AM - permalink
    Hi Jay,

Yes, I've seen a few of your posts. I've been parting out trucks for about six years and have accumulated a mound of parts. I also go to every swap meet I can and buy any 48-52 parts that are in decent shape and affordable.

I should have the hood hinges. Do you need the spring hood hinges, the side hinges, or both? I only have one latch left from what I remember, and that one is pending a sale. I can likely locate one for you, however.

If you'd like, you can email me a list of the parts you need and I can look through my inventory to see what I have and what you can purchase in reproduction. My email is modelking2000 at hotmail dot com.

Thanks,
    Ilya
  2. Jaybird51
    08-14-2012 10:49 PM - permalink
    I have been reading many of your posts and responses. I recently join the FTE site and found it to be extremely useful. Started restoring/rebuilding a 1951 F1. It will be in need of many parts as they were not with the truck when i got it. It is pretty much a chassis, axles, brakes and a completely empty body. I have posted a few pictures in previous forums. First thought is hood hinges and latch. Then a boat load of stuff to follow. Do you normally run across these and other items. from your postings it looks like you are not only a great resource for info, but parts as well.
    Thanks, Jay