Conversation Between CountryD and darren32
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 10 of 10
  1. darren32
    07-24-2012 08:30 AM - permalink
    Hey D, I have 40,000 miles (60,000 km) on my truck now. I deleted at 3,000 miles (5,000 km) in Dec 2010. I was not planning on doing it so soon but my truck was in the shop 20 days total in the 3 months prior with CEL, limp mode and all that crap. It was either that or get rid of it at that point. No issues since and loving the truck. Thanks
  2. CountryD
    07-23-2012 11:06 PM - permalink
    Hey Darren, how many miles did you have on your truck when you did the DELETE? Just wondering. I already got the 'Limit to 50Mph" Warning. But I filled up my Def tank, as it was below half, and the message went away. Taking it by the dealer tomorrow. I just dont wanna go through all this crap with the CEL and the Warning messages. Thanks bud
  3. CountryD
    07-23-2012 11:34 AM - permalink
    Darren, once again thanks for the help. Gonna do some more research and then decide. Because you make a great point about the shocks being calibrated for that lift kit. That makes alot of sense to me and that may be the route I go. Thanks Again, Gary
  4. darren32
    07-23-2012 10:07 AM - permalink
    That's a tough one buddy.... I know Andy changed some components of the kit and it worked out great for him. I do not know enough about it to do that. The king shocks that come with the carli system are valved by carli to work with their system, the weight of the truck etc etc. In my opinion, the valving of the shock to match the application is as important as the shock itself. I know the fox 2.0 and bilstein 7100 are both good shocks but not sure how they will work on different lifts / suspension. That is why I stuck with the carli system, they design it all to work together (same as ICON). Hope this helps!
  5. CountryD
    07-22-2012 05:14 PM - permalink
    Hey darren, I talked to AMECLENTRIC and talked to him about his ICON, and he gave me alot of great info, said pretty much the same thing you did about your Carli. Said the Icon rode great. My only question for you is, I can go with any shocks no matter what lift I get. I know the Carli comes with the Kings, but what shock would you recommend? The ICON lift comes with Piggy back shocks, and I was told that they are OK, but the dealer Im goin through told me I should go with Fox 2.0s or Bilstien 7100s for the best ride quality. Whats your opinion? Thanks bro
  6. darren32
    07-20-2012 12:20 PM - permalink
    Hi D, There is no sag when unloaded. It is pretty much perfectly level. Yes it is the pintop king 2.5 that I have. I really like the system, it performs great. My king shocks are however away right now getting fixed. Whatever system you get I would recomment putting boots on the shocks. They are blaming the blown seals on pitted shafts from rocks. amecelectric has (I think) the ICON stage 3 4.5 with a few modifications so he shoudl be able to give you and opinion on that. sgt93 has the same carli as me and he will share thought (both great guys). sgt93 may be a bit grumpy cuz he just belw his turbo the other day! I DEFINATELY recommend the carli, I love it but I have never been in a truck with the Icon so I can't compare the 2. Congrats on your new truck!!!!!!
  7. CountryD
    07-17-2012 11:49 PM - permalink
    Hey Darren, got my truck and now Im looking into Lift kits. I think you have the Pin top king 2.5?, if so, do you have any "Sag" in the rear when unloaded? Ive seen some guys that have carli lifts that are lower in the rear when empty. Not much, but to a trained eye, you can notice. Thinking about either a Carli 4.5 Pin Top 2.5 or a ICON Stage 3 4.5.

Any thoughts or advice is appreciated. Going with 35s also. Thanks
  8. darren32
    06-08-2012 08:19 AM - permalink
    Part 2 (message was too long)
    One thing to consider if you keep your vehicles for a long time (I do). When it is out of warranty and needs and EXPENSIVE repair to the DPF or EGR or some other part of the VERY complex emmissions systems, that would be a good time to tune it.

That said.... It is my opinion that tuning and deleting is better for your engine if you are smart about it. Set some de fuels to be safe, don`t tow heavy on the high power setting etc. Turbo breathes better and runs cooler. Your engine doesn`t re breathe all that exhaust soot from the EGR! (someone once said to me, try running with a tube between your azz and your mouth LOL) Less restriction etc. That is just my opinion.

There have been some guys that have blown turbos on tuned 6.7s but there has also been turbos go out on stock 6.7s. Only difference is who pays to fix it LOL.

Thanks
  9. darren32
    06-08-2012 08:18 AM - permalink
    That's a pretty tough question there D.... Putting on a tuner WILL void your warranty. No question. The tuners have a "return to stock" function but from what I know, if they look hard enough (at the actual programming in the truck) thay can tell it has been over written and written back (no clue how, I am not a computer guy). And really, putting on a tuner should void warranty, you are putting out 200 HP more than ford intended. Factory boos is limited to 21 PSI and I have been as high as 38 PSI with H&S. SO if warranty is a concern and you are happy with the truck you should likely leave it. There is not rush (unless the EPA get's their way) you can tune it down the road any time. The only reason I tuned mine so early (3,000 miles) is that I was having MAJOR issues with CEL, exhaust fluid fault, limp mode. Last 4 months of 2010 my truck was in the shop about 25 days total and NOTHING was ever fixed so I got frustrated and deleted ALL the things that were causing problems .
  10. CountryD
    06-07-2012 08:28 PM - permalink
    Hey Darren, Ive read several of your post on the H&S Black Maxx with EGR/DOC/DPF/Urea delete. I am new to diesels, since I just bought a 2012 250 CC Stroke. The dealer told me that I couldnt put any type of tuner on mine or it would Void the warranty and that the Computer keeps a log of what I do to it in case something tears up. My question is, is a tuner really a good thing to have? I want to do a exhaust and the only towing that I will do is to haul my 28 ft Fifth wheel with Harley. Gonna do a 4.5 Icon lift W/35s, and Im not gonna go any bigger. So would you tune it or just leave it alone? Thanks for the advice