Conversation Between TheDudeAbides and hillcountryflt
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 3 of 3
  1. hillcountryflt
    05-28-2015 06:08 AM - permalink
    Thanks Blake. I was able to get the manifolds's separated - now I have one or two bolts to drill out and tap in the intake. Decided to follow the path of the EFI exhaust manifold and ordered the walker y-pipe. I have ordered the device that provides coolant to the intake as well (from the Hollister company near Houston). May not need it, but will use it for a template to cover the hole (expensive template). Engine should be ready next week - at last check they had found it was bored .40 over in a previous rebuild. I believe they are taking it to .60 over (they said it was good all the way up to .80 over). And the magnaflux turned up no issues.
    I intend to take you up on your offer for advice. Right now doing grunt work while the engine is out - cleaning, painting, por 15ing the engine compartment, radiator housing, the intake, etc. and getting ready to pull the exhaust and to pull the steering gear.
  2. TheDudeAbides
    05-27-2015 09:02 PM - permalink
    shoot me a text or feel free to call. can't garantee i'll be available to answer, but i will get back to you. the blocks can be stubborn to pull apart, but they will submit if you have the right tools. as far as the exhaust, i'd vote yes...the cost is worth it. after being stationed at fort hood for 7 years, i'm all too familiar with the ridiculous state vehicle mandates. like i said, gimme a call some time, we'll talk shop if you like.

512-630-1768
    Blake
  3. hillcountryflt
    05-21-2015 02:18 PM - permalink
    TheDudeAbides I would like some 240/300 advice. I have pulled the engine. stripped it down (well can't get the cranshaft pulley bolt off, so can't get the crankshaft pulley and timing cover off) and am about to haul it to an engine rebuilder. When it returns, I was considering installing the EFI manifolds, but that boosts costs as I will have to redo my 1-year-old exhaust and also reconfigure my setup to meet texas inspection requirements (heat riser required on 71-later). Is there enough benefit to justify the efi exhaust. I have had the EFI exhaust manifolds for about a year.