Conversation Between Yahiko and bismic
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 10 of 10
  1. Yahiko
    05-20-2017 08:32 PM - permalink
    Some new people never learn and you did your best to help him I feel.
  2. bismic
    05-20-2017 08:04 PM - permalink
    I sure didn't think I was being a smart a** in my first response, but I guess he thought I was. Certainly not my intent. Anyway, I am sure he could use the help in understanding how complicated these trucks are and how important it is to get data before jumping to parts replacement. Thanks for your post Sean.
  3. Yahiko
    01-14-2015 03:48 AM - permalink
    I think your right. Mark K thinks that I did in dead break something.
    So it will be coming out for an inspection.
  4. bismic
    01-12-2015 07:10 AM - permalink
    Your pressures in the video you posted indicate a bigger problem than solenoids. If you can find a good shop, it would probably be a good idea to have them give you an estimate on a rebuild. One thing is for sure - the original solenoid you replaced was not the source of the problem as you were advised, replacement of it probably was not necessary IMO.
  5. Yahiko
    01-11-2015 07:41 PM - permalink
    Thanks for the links. Did not get the pressure test down yet.
    Been a drizzle day here.

Sean
  6. bismic
    01-11-2015 03:10 PM - permalink
    Hey Sean -take a look at post 15 in the thread linked below. Cheaper than a new transmission.

https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1...-problems.html

I do not profess to know that much about transmissions, but you don't have metal, you have taken care of the transmission, and your symptoms match a LOT of others that relate back to (edit) pressure.

I would still be interested in all of the pump pressures (warmed up engine and transmission), but I will not keep pressing for that.

Also, check out post #7 in the thread below:
    Direct Pressure Solenoid??? - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
  7. Yahiko
    07-24-2014 11:35 AM - permalink
    Your very Welcome and you are one of the people that I
    would come to and trust for a good answer.
    Thanks
    Sean
  8. bismic
    07-24-2014 04:43 AM - permalink
    Thanks for the kind words and the reps Sean! We have a good group of "core" folks on FTE for sure (you are one of them!!)
  9. bismic
    01-05-2014 08:45 PM - permalink
    Many thanks for the reps Sean!
  10. bismic
    04-24-2013 04:57 PM - permalink
    Sean - thanks for the reps!