Conversation Between petemcl and ryanmad2000
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 3 of 3
  1. petemcl
    11-28-2012 10:17 AM - permalink
    Part 2 - If you are doing this yourself run one 12 ga wire directly from the battery connection on the starter relay on the firewall. Make sure that you install a circuit breaker of fuse in that line (15 or 20 amp should be OK. The other end of that wire should connect to the + or controlled connection on both the high beam and the low beam relays. The other controlled connection on the relays should go to the appropriate connector on the lights. The controlling connector on the hi beam relay should go to the high beam switch and the low beam controlling connector should be attached directly to the lo beam connector on the headlight switch. This keeps the headlight switch from burning out as it now only drives the relays. I have some diagrams that I can send you if you still need them. Just give me your email address as you can't add attachments to these PMs.
  2. petemcl
    11-28-2012 10:17 AM - permalink
    Sorry Ryan, I know this question is 2 months old by now. Hopefully you found a solution without me. I bought the complete front wire harness for the lights which came with the relays installed. Actually I'm not very happy with that solution as it is a universal harness and none of the wires are the right length. I had the lights functioning and they are great but the harness is a mess of tie straps and doubled over harness behind the grill. I'm going to have to tear it apart and make the so that the whole harness fits properly. Get rid of the hokey yellow loom cover also. (see part 2)
  3. ryanmad2000
    10-28-2012 03:22 PM - permalink
    Saw your post on headlights - i need some help wiring in some relays and did buy the same lights from LMC. Where and how do you wire in the relays?