Conversation Between Bozworth and fordman75
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 4 of 4
  1. fordman75
    11-16-2011 03:49 PM - permalink
    I don't have the measurements handy. I didn't do a whole lot of measuring when I made the panel. I took a piece of tag board and just cut away until it fit like I wanted it to. My panel is still mounted in my cab which is packed away for the winter. I can pull it out and measure but it may take a day or two to get it out.

If you do decide to buy one you have to watch out. A lot of them mount on the outside of the dash. I personally don't think that looks as good as one that mounts from behind the dash.
  2. Bozworth
    11-16-2011 12:30 AM - permalink
    The panel itself. I have a friend with a CNC mill and he is going to make one for me, but my truck is currently with my dad, 1500 miles away from me. I'm trying to walk him through getting the measurements on the instrument panel, but it's not going well.
    It's turning into alot of hassle to save $120 on buying one of the new billet ones.
    This panel:
    53 54 55 Ford Truck Billet Aluminum Dash Insert Gauge Panel Instrument Cluster | eBay
  3. fordman75
    11-15-2011 05:33 PM - permalink
    Are you talking about my instrument panel? If you are, do you need the dimensions for the panels itself or the gauge layout?
  4. Bozworth
    11-15-2011 03:44 PM - permalink
    Do you still have the measurements laying around that you used to make your dash panel for the 54? I'm trying to get the measurements to a friend, and I don't have access to my 54 to get them myself. Thanks!