Conversation Between riden82 and RAPR
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 3 of 3
  1. riden82
    08-29-2012 10:31 AM - permalink
    thats the reason i am looking at one cuz of the deer, i really like the full ranch or road armor replacement bumper however that is way to much $. not to mention i dont know but it cant be good for the trucks to put that much weight on the front, i feel that would be rough on shocks and tires. my PSD is silver and i have some black trim on it so i will most likely go with a black one, however i may have it sprayed in Linex before it went on, dont know yet. But you convinced me think ill pull the trigger on one next pay day. i really like both the Westin and ranch hand though. thanks for the help.
  2. RAPR
    08-27-2012 11:42 AM - permalink
    My Westin guard is probably the exact same build quality/strength as the Ranchhand Legend Grille Guard. The grille is likely able to stand up to light/medium deer strike faily well (animal weight and vehicle speed makes big difference). Deer strikes is one of the reasons I bought it. Obviously the Randhand Legend Front Bumper Guard will likely stand up to a nastier deer strike...but its lot of $ and doesn't come in stainless. I like the looks of stainless and the easy care of it. With stainless, I don't have to worry about the finish getting scratched and rust developing.
  3. riden82
    08-27-2012 06:12 AM - permalink
    RAPR, i was looking at that guard you have on the front of your truck. looks great, i have been trying to choose one, not sure if i want to get the westin or ranch hand. how are you liking yours? how do you think it would stand up against a deer?