Conversation Between Truck Guy99 and jdq1986
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 3 of 3
  1. Truck Guy99
    08-11-2015 01:42 AM - permalink
    You will need adapters for the front to put dually wheels on. Do it buy from anybody except arrowcraft.
  2. Truck Guy99
    08-11-2015 01:41 AM - permalink
    It's an easy swap. Doesn't matter if it's 2wd or 4wd. There are only 2 variations in the axles. Check the tag on the one you have and the junkyard axle to make sure you match the gear ratios. If not and your old axle is still good you can have the internals swapped but if you don't have the tools and knowledge for a ring and pinion swap it can cost you if you hire a shop to do it. The rear axle housing is exactly the same. The axles themselves are identicle from 87-96 but the u joint on the rear is different in an 87-91 from a 92-97. If you find an 87-91 axle, you can just put the correct u joint on your old driveshaft fairly cheap. Don't forget to change any bad seals while it's off the truck. It has to be a rear axle from a pickup, not a cab and chassis. Also do not re use the u bolts. Buy new ones. Let me know if this helps and if you have any more questions
  3. jdq1986
    08-10-2015 01:14 AM - permalink
    I saw a post you made last year about a dually conversion, how'd that turn out? I want to do the same thing to my 93 f350. It's a 2wd, don't know if that makes it harder or easier. I'd love to get your input and benefit from your experience if possible. I'm not far from you by the way, I'm in Dalhart.