Conversation Between Shawns Fords and wyoming4x4
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 6 of 6
  1. wyoming4x4
    08-06-2011 11:36 PM - permalink
    got my heads intake in and several photos of this build. when the 429 gonna be done. kinda partial to this engine was my first big block.
  2. wyoming4x4
    06-12-2011 03:31 PM - permalink
    Bronco stuff. just did a ignition upgrade (Accel) this winter for my machinist on his bronco, he couldn't believe the difference. 302 rv cam engine, nothing tricky but reliable. The next thing is carb upgrade, quick fuel annular 650 1:1 linkage and everyone told him it wouldn't work, but he now knows better. they said too big!! a couple of weekends with me and his little bronc kicks butt and runs better than ever. its his elk huntin rig. I have a combination I build for my people for pullin the mountains 4wd world and just works. took several years to figure out playing in extreme elevation changes is tricky. Used to mud race and dirt track back in the day but now just a 4wd guy. catch you later and any questions drop a message and will help if possible.
  3. wyoming4x4
    06-12-2011 03:24 PM - permalink
    forgot to mention on your 429. www.mpgheads.com. Scott is a good guy to know in ford world. been running his products for 15yrs+. windage tray/crank scraper and love his cams. Even had a set of OEM heads cnc ported by him. Has a cnc program for our old iron. My blue truck has his heads and solid cam in it. I gave him some guidelines and specs on what I want my blue truck to do. He nails it every time and prices are competitive with anyone out their. catch you later colorado!!
  4. wyoming4x4
    06-12-2011 03:18 PM - permalink
    hello shawn on the pistons they are just keith black hyperutectic kb177 flat tops 1 vlv relief, for a 351 cleveland. I the rods bushed down to fit the cleveland smaller piston pins. Keep getting sent out of town and delaying my project. carlsbad N mexico at the moment. catch you later and once the heads get flowed by my professional head porter guy gonna be a interesting build. I kinda want a lot of stuff to be genuine ford like the heads and block crank but a modern cam and intake is a must. The cab is at my buddies place getting soda blasted and body work done and my frame is pretty much done and getting painted by my friend jason. I'm a engine and drivetrain guy and not really much on body work type stuff and just leave that to the pro's. Getting anxious for this project to get together. keepin old iron alive one ford at a time. Want to be running by before elk season which is september.
  5. Shawns Fords
    06-12-2011 12:15 AM - permalink
    Hey wyo, this engine build looks great! Thanks for stopping by my page. I dont know how long before I have my 429 finished. I have to finish my Bronco to be a daily driver. I am also going to look at a good 400 for my 78 tomorrow. Talk to ya later
    Shawn
  6. wyoming4x4
    06-10-2011 01:38 PM - permalink
    hello shawn just checkin in. lookin at the pictures. Check out my photos of my 6.8liter CJ 400 ford. this project has been in my head for years and finally getting it together. just up the road in sheridan wyo. used to live in fort collins when I was younger, fun town.