Conversation Between pineconeford and truckdog62563
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 4 of 4
  1. truckdog62563
    02-21-2011 09:14 PM - permalink
    Really, 12" at the front? I measured at the very top in the middle over the wheel. The half ton fenders will be much wider. The fenders on half tons are wider to compensate for the narrower bed. The rear track on both models is the same, so the fenders reach out more to cover the wheels. Stu
  2. pineconeford
    02-21-2011 08:19 PM - permalink
    Hi Stu,
    Thanks for the bed dimensions & drawings. If the F2 & F3 fenders are 11 inches wide, I just may have F2 fenders after all!
    I just measured mine and they are primarily 11 inches wide except the front which is about 12 inches wide. The whole fender seems to taper towards the back in width. These fenders are removed and loose and a littel beat up but they are 11 inches wide for about 2/3 of their length. I think they will work. Thanks again, Tom
  3. truckdog62563
    02-21-2011 06:38 AM - permalink
    Hi Tom. The fenders are different than used on the half tons. The F-2 and F-3 fenders measure 11" wide. I don't have an F-1 pickup to compare measurements. Below is a picture of the 8' "Express" bed with dimensions from one of my references, followed by a drawing of the half ton 6.5' bed. Good luck with the truck. Stu

4. pineconeford
    02-20-2011 08:20 PM - permalink
    Hello Stu, greetings from Maine.
    I'm new here, and beginning the recreation of a '51 F2. It is a total basket case that was given to me if I could haul it away. Still learning the details about it. The truck was missing the bed and rear fenders. Can you tell me the width of the rear fenders for an F2? I've read that they are a different size and don't stick out as far as 1/2 ton truck and want to make sure I get the right size. I found a pair but suspect thay they might belong to a F1, but am not sure.
    Any information would be greatly appreciated. Thank you sir,
    Tom B.
    highland@maine.rr.com