Conversation Between bumpsidep71 and daburoker
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 2 of 2
  1. daburoker
    11-13-2012 05:46 PM - permalink
    Thanks for posting your pics in the gallery- they answer a bunch of questions I have had. As for the rear axle, how well do your tires fit inside the fenders? What size tires are you running on the rear?

Is your truck complete enough to see what the final stance will look like?
    If yes, can you share a picture of it?

I'm totally on the fence about the ride height I want. I never was a fan of owered trucks, but I can appreciate the advantage of lowering the bumpside trucks a couple of inches. I just don't want it slammed.
    The guy with the primer red F100 - "elgemcdlf" has a pretty sweet ride. Appearance wise, I'd copy it in a second- especially his vents in the fenders and the subtle cowl induction. But then I'd always know I ripped off his ideas, so I'll do my own thing...

And then I come back to your build. It's essentially the same as what I'm doing, so if you feel like sharing pictures or notes, I'd really appreciate it.

Thanks,

-David
  2. daburoker
    11-13-2012 05:45 PM - permalink
    It sounds like you and I are doing the same swap- I too have a 1968 F100, and a 2003 Crown Vic. I want to use everything possible off of the CV:
    The engine and transmission
    The IFS
    The rear axle
    Wiring harness (after I remove all the junk I don't need)

Do you have a build thread on another site detailing your progress? I know a lot of other guys have posted thier build's on this and other forums, but most just use the CV IFS. Either not many use the drivetrain out of the CV (Engine/Trans/Axle), or they don't post pics.

If you are aware of anything I may be missing, I'd appreciate information you probably found useful at the stage I'm at. I have the truck stripped, the IFS, Engine, Trans out of the CV. I also have the Wiring Harness and several 5gal bucket full of bits from the CV which may or not be useful. The CV body and whats left of the fram will be going with the junkman in a few days, and then the truck comes in and mock-up of everything begins.

++see next message+++