Conversation Between jjoyce11 and MCDavis
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 5 of 5
  1. MCDavis
    09-06-2011 09:35 AM - permalink
    Jodi it was either 4wheelparts or SummitRacing...cannot recall which of those two it was. Either should have it.
  2. MCDavis
    01-26-2011 02:04 PM - permalink
    Thanks for the kind words. Glad that I could help!
  3. MCDavis
    01-26-2011 11:45 AM - permalink
    Going well here Jodi. Try this:
    Extang MaxSeal Tailgate Seal
    That's the seal I purchased, and autoanything.com has free shipping.
    If you really want to support a FTE sponsor, then try these guys:
    Access Tailgate Seal
    Shipping is free there too!
  4. MCDavis
    11-23-2010 11:21 AM - permalink
    By rails, I'm refering to the bed rails. The flat surface around the top of the bed.
    The cover clamps down via 6 aluminum C-clamps that clamps the rail of the cover down to the rail of the bed. I've already undone all 6 clamps twice to make minor adjustments. It would not be hard to remove the entire cover, but really, why? It rolls so easily out of the way, and keeps the weather out of the bed nicely enough that I plan on keeping it there year round.
    It came in 3 parts. The cover is permanently fixed to a rail right behind the cab of the truck, and the two side rails simply slide into this fixed rail. From start to finish, it took about 45 minutes to install and make adjustments.
  5. MCDavis
    11-23-2010 05:30 AM - permalink
    Hey. The hunting trip was well...a hunting trip. A lot of time spent sitting with very little activity.
    The cover has been on for 3 weeks now and I'm pretty pleased. Here's a thread I started that contains my thoughts, pictures, etc:
    https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1...installed.html
    It's not the biggest and best, but so far the cover has pretty much exceeded my expectations. I do recommend the tail gate seal though, especially since you're likely to be on salt treated roads and you probably want to keep that out.
    Enjoy
    ~Chandler