Conversation Between jjoyce11 and Coskid
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 10 of 10
  1. Coskid
    07-13-2013 10:56 AM - permalink
    She sure does look amazing!!! Nice work and thanks for sharing sorry it took me a bit to get back.
  2. jjoyce11
    06-15-2013 08:21 PM - permalink
    hey there!!! so I finally got the lift kit installed on The Beast and I couldn't be happier. I love it soooo much. As you know, I kept going back and forth between 4 and 6 inches. I was worried the 4 inch wouldn't be "beefy" enough for me but its more than I thought and perfect. I did have to get new wheels due to the lift kit I purchased.

3. jjoyce11
    03-03-2012 11:04 PM - permalink
    thanks for the reps!
  4. jjoyce11
    10-07-2011 11:47 AM - permalink
    ok, i get it. turns out I need new tires to make it through the winter. I am going to buy some used tires to get me through while i finish up my research, make a decision, and save up for it then ill invest into it all at that time. looking at it, I am going to go with rough country or rancho I think. then I have to decide 33 tires or 35. so many decisions!!!!!
  5. Coskid
    09-26-2011 07:39 AM - permalink
    Well Superlift, Rancho, and Rough Country are considered to be top end brands. True ProComp and Fabtech don't offer a 4" lift but that is more because they just don't want too I think. If you look at the RCD 4" lift the subframe is two seperate pieces that are not joined together. Not a big deal really in a 4" lift but important when it comes to a 6" or bigger. Now check out the Rancho kit you can see the subframe has two tubes welded into it attaching the two pieces and linking it together in one subframe section.
  6. jjoyce11
    09-23-2011 09:02 PM - permalink
    oh jeeze. there is so much to consider but I am enjoying learning it all. I have about a year to find the perfect match before I need new tires and to make the decision of the lift kit, I think I have enough time hahah. When you talk about the subframe being one piece, what exactly does this mean and why is one better? also, do you have any idea why it is so hard to find a 4'' lift in the well known brands? I would have thought almost all the brands would have them.
  7. Coskid
    09-22-2011 09:00 AM - permalink
    Well I like the price of the rough country lift but am not crazy about the 4" strut spacers. The Rancho kit is really appealing for several reasons. First no strut spacers it actually has new struts you order. Second, the subframe is one piece which I am finding more benefits too. And finally you can keep stock wheels if you want to. The cost is a little bit more then the rough country but there are some ways to save some money. There is someplace that sells the rancho kit for like 1500 but has some high shipping on it. Find that price and then go to autoanything.com and they will bet it by $50 and ship for free. The big think I don't like is that the shocks and front struts are not apart of the lift kit you have to buy them separately which adds about another $400 I think.
  8. jjoyce11
    09-21-2011 09:16 PM - permalink
    hey there! How is all the research and improvements toward the lift coming along?
  9. Coskid
    01-11-2011 06:59 AM - permalink
    City is usually right around 13-14 and interstate is about 16. This really isn't much of a change from what I had before the work. When I upgrade my tires next time I will get some of a drop because I am going to 295/70's instead of the285/65's I run now. This will make the tires about 2" bigger so they will basically be 35's.
  10. jjoyce11
    01-10-2011 09:28 PM - permalink
    just out of curiosity, what kind of gas milage are you getting with the leveling kit and those tires?