Conversation Between WE3ZS and BLW0924
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 2 of 2
  1. WE3ZS
    10-23-2014 08:25 PM - permalink
    If I read your post correctly, you want to put your '04 rims on your new '15. If so I hate to say it but it aint gonna happen. You can go the other way and mount newer rims on an older truck using spacers to correct the backspacing but nothing will allow you to get the older rims to sit correctly under a newer truck. And as was mentioned the '15 needs at least a 17" rim to clear the brake calipers.
    '05 Excursions are actually hold-over '04s, they didn't get the coil fronts like the trucks did because Ford knew it was the last year for them. So my combo was easy, no spacers required. The '04 Lariat rims I run are designed for the leaf sprung trucks, they are the only plus sized (larger than 16") OEM rims that will fit the older trucks without spacers. ('04 Harley, K-R and Lariat 18" rims).
  2. BLW0924
    10-23-2014 07:44 PM - permalink
    Hey man thanks for your quick reply, it was very helpful. Do you mind if I bother you about how you set up your 04 wheels on your 05 excursion, I know you said using wheel spacers could correct the issue but I'm just wondering what I would need to do (I.e what size spacers and what not). Thanks man I appreciate it.