Conversation Between 93MARKIII and redlightning93
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 2 of 2
  1. redlightning93
    06-21-2010 10:51 PM - permalink
    Sadly, I do not own my Lightning any longer but to answer your questions the Windshield Moulding is black from the factory on the Lightning as well as the door handles, mirrors and antenna base. The PO had painted the door handles and mirrors red. "Arrest me Red" is just a slang term for Red on a performance vehicle. This truck had the original Vermillion Red single stage paint on it when I sold it last year. The paint was , with the exception of some stone chips to the bumper and valance, in very good condition and most thought that it had been repainted at some point. I hope to find another Lightning someday that is in as great condition. Mine had 82k miles on it and was an original unmolested truck. Unfortunately, it was sold to a 17 yr old that did not appreciate it for what it was and then sold to another young guy that now has it for sale again.
    You have a really sharp truck as there are not many of the Mark III conversions around and it is definately the right color lol.
  2. 93MARKIII
    06-17-2010 12:31 PM - permalink
    i noticed your windshield trim has been blacked out, did you do that or did it come that way? is it just painted, or powder coated? also, you call the color arrest me red...is that an after market color? or a well preserved factory vermillion red? my paint just got its last buff i can now see dark shades of primer underneath it in alot of spots, time for a new paintjob, and yours is awsome !!