Conversation Between theodore/teddy and SeaCarr
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 3 of 3
  1. SeaCarr
    08-14-2015 10:51 PM - permalink
    I was just wondering. I looked mine up, it being a 4X4, thinking it may be a F250 but I found it was not. I'm still trying to figure out how to post photos. Worked the last three days on it and took starting photos. It wouldn't fire after sitting 15 years. Worked my way to the points and it appears the ignition may have been left on. Any way, got new points and tomorrow I'll give her another try. Two sets of points at my local parts store, one made in Taiwan, one made in Cambodia! Everything happens at once. Replaced the steering pump on my '73 and it lasted about ten miles. Waited three days for a replacement.
  2. theodore/teddy
    08-13-2015 08:09 PM - permalink
    Hello Seacarr
    I bought my truck "Teddy" from the estate of the original owner in 1970. It was at that time absolutely stock.
    The best way to tell from a truck with unknown history is the rating plate, under "model". The serial # tells you if it is F100 or F250 but under the model number is where you can identify more specifics. Attached are copies of the area in the shop catalog that defines the model codes.

Hopefully this answers your question. When you can hop on the fridge forum and share the plans for your truck and some pictures.

PS
    Sorry those copies came out so small. Basicly model numbers F100 thru F190 = F100 and model numbers F250 thru F290 = F250
  3. SeaCarr
    08-13-2015 12:59 PM - permalink
    Just saw your '59. How did you determine it was a 250 rather than a f100? I also have a '59 coming back from the dead.