Conversation Between jamestw1977 and 460/5
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 6 of 6
  1. 460/5
    06-14-2010 02:13 AM - permalink
    its in fairly good shape. might need cleaned up a little, MAY have a bit of a bend in it, but nothin big. itd be a while before id be able to get it for ya. price may be adjusted dependin on what kinda condition its in, ill need to look at it. but i wont go over $120, and thats if it is near perfect. and youd pay shippin. just to save you lookin, LMC is chargin over $180 for their chrome bumpers. let me know what you want to do, and ill set the ball in motion for ya.
  2. jamestw1977
    06-13-2010 10:20 PM - permalink
    How much you want for that bumper? Is it in good shape?
  3. 460/5
    02-25-2010 01:39 AM - permalink
    im not really sure of where you should look for the springs. i can say just look in the usual places, like skyjacker and others like that. just do a search for lifts. with a four inch lift, when you put the new leaves in, be sure to be aware of your pinion angle. it shouldnt take too much to be sure its good, and it may not even need adjusting. you WILL need to figure somethin out about the steerin controls. im not entirely sure of what would need to be done with it. if it were me, i never even consider anything over 2 inches cause it takes no mods of anything other than the suspension to do. also, im too big on lifts and whatnot, cause i can go anywhere i have a mind of goin in my stock ride-height trucks. lol. you might want to ask the same question in the 73-79 section. there are a lot of knowledgeable guys in there, or, go to the off-road and 4x4 section and ask those guys. good luck with it man! oh, and keep your highboy springs. i want em. seriously. lol.
  4. jamestw1977
    02-25-2010 01:26 AM - permalink
    Hey bro,
    Just wondering if you know of any good cheep places a guy could pick up some 4' lift springs for my S/C. And was also wondering if you know can I go that high without haveing to do anything but install the leafs and new shocks?
  5. 460/5
    02-18-2010 10:51 PM - permalink
    well, im about 4 or 5 hours from omaha. we DO have a trail system, but it is sand, there are no rocks, or particularly challengin trails, but it is a pretty scenic drive. if you go to fast, there are a lot of places to grab some air though! lol. we have a hill-climb, and a lot of the trails, such as the hill-climb, and the road out to it are shared with fourwheelers. there are three campgrounds on the forest too.
  6. jamestw1977
    02-18-2010 10:41 PM - permalink
    Just wondering is there any good public trails up your way? I live in missouri, butI work in Omaha alot, and I'm always looking for good big truck trails.