Conversation Between '02strokerpilot and big poppa
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 10 of 10
  1. big poppa
    08-30-2010 08:53 PM - permalink
    This message was mean't for my cousin, sorry. Just dropping in to say hello and hope the trucks running good, take care..
  2. '02strokerpilot
    08-30-2010 07:44 PM - permalink
    duuuuuude, I am in Looooovveee with my dp tuner, i can't believe the difference still and its been forever since i installed it. thanks for all ur help gettin my truck where i want it. just ordered the aih delete plug from clay. can't stop the mods!
  3. big poppa
    02-18-2010 04:49 PM - permalink
    Good deal, like I said, I had the WW and it worked for me, you'll be fine. Have a safe trip and Clay's good people, you see that, down to earth. Sorry to say this isn't the first time I seen threads closed, won't be the last either. Haven't seen it but when you start getting new young guys, no pun intended, should say young or old newbies with an attitude, threads are going to close. Those guys prolly got infractions or banned.. Take care
  4. '02strokerpilot
    02-17-2010 12:11 PM - permalink
    Hey I called Clay at Riffraff and he talked me into the wicked wheel instead of the ported housing. I am excited, my lady and I are headed to the oregon coast for a week and we are going to stop by eugene on the way home and meet Clay in person. Gonna be some killer Salmon fishing too!
    ps, that thread on rolling coal got closed, thats the first time I have seen a closed forum, silly dudes fighting over nothing. LOL
  5. big poppa
    02-16-2010 01:26 PM - permalink
    Hey Alex, that ported housing is going to allow your turbo to breath now, you will notice. Those sucking and different sounds your hearing, because of the chip now are going to be more pronounced. Just to make sure, post a thread about it, this way you get all the info and from different people to ease your mind. I have a 38R so I can suck enourmous amounts of air with no problem, kinda forgot how it was with my stocker. I do remember having the WW and that helped but lost some boost, a pound or two and I did notice it power wise, glad your getting the ported housing. Good luck...
  6. big poppa
    02-15-2010 10:57 PM - permalink
    Just remember, keep it in stock till the temps warm up, then switch to whatever tune. As far as economy, light exceleration and keeping it under 2000 rpms will yield you the most mileage. Around town start and stop driving will not be good even without a chip so after you get done playing, you'll see your mileage increases. Now that you have the chip, a real chip, you are prolly going to experiance turbo surge, thats bad on a turbo. Get yourself a Wicked Wheel or a ported compressor housing, housing is the best IMO, about 400.00. Just take it easy in those tunes higher than 80E, you don't want to be in those all the time, their for playin sometimes.
  7. big poppa
    02-14-2010 09:21 PM - permalink
    Sooo, how is it.????
  8. big poppa
    02-11-2010 10:06 PM - permalink
    You'll be good to go thats for sure. I have a habit of rushing things when I'm excited(wife can account to that, lol, no disrespect intended) but you'll be cool....
  9. big poppa
    02-11-2010 09:50 PM - permalink
    LOL, wait till you get it, people will look at you wierd when your driving because you won't be able to get that permagrin off your face... Just make sure you follow the directions to the tee, keys out and make sure to get all that rubber glue off the terminals, clean it good. Here's another tip, which I did, had everything prepped, PCM out and cleaned ready for the DP to arrive, watched UPS tracking..
  10. big poppa
    02-04-2010 06:13 PM - permalink
    Search for EarnestEugene, I'm sure he has something in his gallery, he gets to the nitty gritty of everything, he's a good dude..