Conversation Between travisp_95 and binuya
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 4 of 4
  1. binuya
    12-26-2009 01:11 AM - permalink
    I don't have plans, but do some web searches and you'll find a set up you will like. I have 3 restaurants which I pick up their used fryer oil. If your veg oil titrates well, (let's say 1-4 using KOH), your yield will be exactly the amount of oil you put in. Most of my oil titrates at 2-3, so in a 45 gallon batch, I will get 45 gallons of finished fuel. My best suggestion to you would be to practice by making 1 litre batches. That's what I did many times to learn the concept, procedures, and what to look for, and how it behaves. Google 'Dr. Pepper method' and you'll find the procedure. It utilizes a 2 litre soda bottle to make the biodiesel. Do a few batches with new cooking oil, then once you get the hang of that, try it with used cooking oil. What you learn in doing this will greatly increase your understanding of the process, and will help you in seeing what you need to do in order to build your processor. Have fun with it and good luck.
  2. travisp_95
    12-25-2009 11:53 PM - permalink
    do you have plans on how to build your processor. i think that i could build one myself. where do you get your wast veg oil. How much veg oil dose it take to make a gal. of bio diesel.
  3. binuya
    12-25-2009 01:23 PM - permalink
    I built my reactor and wash tank out of 55 gallon drums. I use water heater thermostats and elements in both. Plumbing is black pipe and brass ball valves, processor motor is a cheap Harbor Freight $30 clear water pump. It all depends upon what your own fabrication skill are. I like my set up compared to the plastic tank set ups you frequently see for sale from $1000-$3000. I've produced over 1000 gallons thus far on my equipment, and spent maybe $350 to make it. Look in my albums and you will see a bunch of pics of my set up.
  4. travisp_95
    12-25-2009 12:26 PM - permalink
    what kind of bio diesel maker do you have. I am wanting to start makeing my own. I have a e99 f250 and my wife has a vw jetta tdi. i think that wvo bio would save us a lot of money. i was just wanting to see what you think. and any advice you have for me on what kind of machine you would recamend. I live in IL so we have cold weather but not as much as you have in wa. any help would be great.
    Thanks Travis