Conversation Between wogdiml and ommegang
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 2 of 2
  1. wogdiml
    02-28-2012 11:39 AM - permalink
    I"m trying to figure out a new dilemma I currently have and ran across this old message I never saw - I'm sorry about that. You've probably already made your decision, but I thought I'd at least still give you my 2 cents on owning Duratracs. I like the tires a lot - the look, the feel on the road and offroad, snow traction, etc. The only thing I am facing, which I read quite a few other people have done the same, is agressive tire wear on my F350. I don't know if it is the weight of this truck or the torque of the diesel or what, but at 13,000 miles I am down about half way on the tread depth. They are starting to look considerably different and I just put them on this truck 14 months ago. I hoped to get at least 40,000 miles out of these tires but there is no way. They do hum a bit once I hit some higher speeds, but I don't mind it. I considered the 295 width too but read some people experienced poor road traction with the wider ones. Did you end up getting these tires?
  2. ommegang
    04-03-2011 11:12 AM - permalink
    still like the Duratracs? What size did you go with? I have the same sizing delima: 275 0r 295. Good in snow? Loud?