Conversation Between shorod and dbt33324
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 2 of 2
  1. shorod
    11-01-2015 11:13 AM - permalink
    Does the unlock button on the passenger door switch and key fob still work? Assuming these still work and it's only the driver's master door unlock switch that doesn't work, I'd suspect the pink/light green is broken somewhere between the master switch connector and the unlock relay. The likely place for this break would be in the accordion boot between the door and the cabin. To confirm this wire is not functioning properly, if you were to run a jumper wire (or use a standard test light) between a good ground and that terminal in the switch connector, the locks unlock when the pink/light green wire is shorted to ground.
  2. dbt33324
    10-31-2015 04:00 PM - permalink
    I see you really know what you are talking about so I am going to see if I may lean on your expertise. I promise to be as brief as possible in all respect.

I have a 2003 Explorer Eddie Bauer. The driver's door lock button (switch) WILL lock all doors but WILL NOT unlock any. I have tried multiple switches to no avail and do not believe it is associated to the switch. Please advise. Thank you in advance!